2004 F250 gauges - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2004 F250 gauges

Hi guys,
I just bought a 2004 F250 6.0 and before I do any preventive mods, Im looking at some gauges. I was just wondering what gauges you guys have. Im looking at doing boost, oil pressure, and Exhaust temp. What do you guys have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 01:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: 2004 F250 gauges

You'll find a thousand different opinions on which brand, what specs to monitor, etc. I opted for a Glowshift tinted 7 color, 4 guage pod. HERE It's relatively inexpensive, the directions are easy for anyone with a little knowledge, and they install well. The fit of the pod wasn't absolutely perfect, and it was a PITA to get some of the attaching screws in, but it's doable. As for what gauges I have in there, I monitor tranny temp, fuel pressure, EGT, and boost. IMO the fuel pressure and EGT are mandatory. I like to monitor boost as well for both economy reasons and it has already helped warn me something was going wrong in the engine because boost was higher than normal and I was getting the same amount of power as the lower boost level. As for tranny, that's just because I tow occasionally and wanted to be able to keep an eye on those numbers easily.

As for monitoring other temps, if the spec is available through the OBDII port, I use the Torque app for Android.

There are other brands which are cheaper and some which are more expensive. Generally, you get what you pay for. The higher end gauges will serve you well and for longer, but at an initial higher cost. Same goes for monitoring through the OBDII port. Many option there as well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 03:23 AM
PSN Local

Re: 2004 F250 gauges

I have the edge insight for the main gauges. I also have external gauges for volt, oil pressure and a real clock. I don't tow and am not programmed so no egt is really necessary in my case. The insight does coolant, oil and trans temps, ficm and inj voltages, ICP pressure and a couple other items.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode