What do u think of these regulated returns? - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Diesel Addict

Re: What do u think of these regulated returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
RR kits arent 100% necessary at all, some people just like the larger lines, but with a FASS two regulators is a waste.
Good information Adam! I hate wasting money on things I don't need. With Stock Injectors and no plans to upgrade I think a regulated return is definitely a waste for me. What about upgrading the pump? From my dyno graphs it looks like power falls off on the top end. Is that just maxed out injectors or lack of fuel volume to the injectors?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
PSN Veteran

according to everyone that races and dynos, fuel pressure falls off up top
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Diesel Addict

Quote:
according to everyone that races and dynos, fuel pressure falls off up top
So my money would probably be well invested in a slightly larger pump rather than a regulated return? Maybe a FASS 90 or 150?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
PSN Veteran

yes. either would be good, you could even do a pusher pump, but some see the stock pump as a restriction point.

Here is the one thing about the 95-150 series, there isnt that much price difference from going to the 95-150 so you would be better of going with the larger, not that the 95 is not enough to supply your needs even with larger injectors.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Diesel Addict

Quote:
yes. either would be good, you could even do a pusher pump, but some see the stock pump as a restriction point.

Here is the one thing about the 95-150 series, there isnt that much price difference from going to the 95-150 so you would be better of going with the larger, not that the 95 is not enough to supply your needs even with larger injectors.
I noticed that. Was thinking the same thing. If I changed my mind down the road and went with larger injectors then I would be prepared. So the FASS has an adjustable regulator built in? This would replace the fuel pump and filter on the framerail I would imagine? But not the filter under the hood?

Edit: Sorry for the thread hijack but hopefully this is helpful info anyway.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletGarage View Post
I noticed that. Was thinking the same thing. If I changed my mind down the road and went with larger injectors then I would be prepared. So the FASS has an adjustable regulator built in? This would replace the fuel pump and filter on the framerail I would imagine? But not the filter under the hood?
The fass doesn't have an external regulator its done by a spring change(internally), its preset at 55psi and should be sufficient for anything you do.

The FASS 150/180 includes a new pickup in the tank and has all new fuel lines from the pick up all the way to the secondary underhood fuel bowl. It also removes the HFCM
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hate 'R Us

But you can get an optional spring for 75lbs, correct?

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 PM
PSN Veteran

I dont know about 75, I know 60 or 65 springs are available
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Hate 'R Us

Quote:
I dont know about 75, I know 60 or 65 springs are available
Ahh, maybe that's what I was thinking. Possibly I mistook the 65 for 75. Although I would have sworn I saw one in the Classifieds that came with a "75lbs" spring.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Not only is 2 regulators unnecessary, i have a theory its actually really hard on the FASS.

One thing ot think of, with the factory fuel feed system, you only have so much feed capacity due to the factory lines and banjo bolts. this is one of the big gains. The return part of the system helps the air in fuel issue. DJ used to sell a fuel intensifier, i beleive he called it. It was not a regulated return from what a remember, but rather a larger delivery to make sure the fuel rails had enough fuel under heavy load and fuel consumption. At some point you could have a 500 gph pusher pump and you will still run out of fuel at the injectors, because the factory lines will only flow so much volume per time per pressure. I suppose you could try to run 100 psi of fuel pressure to overcome this, but youll be hard pressed to find a pump happy doing it, not ot mention other shortfalls.

If youre not on a tight budget, youll never go wrong with the ITP kit. The quality of Dennis' parts are second to none.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode