what brands to buy - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
psn high miler

what brands to buy

My Hg's are gone on my 07 6.0 and i am going to have it fixed this week. My question is, what brands of parts should i get? I am going to do injectors at the same time. who should i get them from? also should i get Arp studs or
H-11s? I think i'm going to 0 ring the heads also, where should i get them?

I don't want a lot of power out of my truck, just a little black smoke and a lot of reliability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Young'n

Re: what brands to buy

i hear a lot of good stuff from elite diesel. swamps is good. there both pretty dang good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
My Hg's are gone on my 07 6.0 and i am going to have it fixed this week. My question is, what brands of parts should i get? I am going to do injectors at the same time. who should i get them from? also should i get Arp studs or
H-11s? I think i'm going to 0 ring the heads also, where should i get them?

I don't want a lot of power out of my truck, just a little black smoke and a lot of reliability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We can provide you with ARP studs,black onxy headgaskets,EGR delete and injectors.

H11's just arent worth the extra cost IMHO, however, we can get them if you wish.

O-ringing the heads, 100% not worth the trouble, if all you are doing is adding larger injectors and maybe a turbo one day stock gaskets and ARP's are sufficient. Going by what you say you want to with it they will be more then enough.

If you would like me to get you a price, I can do so.

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
psn high miler

sometimes i tow a tractor or skid steer with my truck. close to 16k lbs. still think gaskets are ok? is black onyx a stock gasket? yes abrannan, please give me a price for arp studs, all necessary gaskets, and injectors. thanks
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 AM
PSN Local

If you tow that much, I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 155cc injector.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 AM
PSN Veteran

I think 190cc is the biggest you can go and still tow, but a turbo big enough to clean those injectors up is a good thing. Adam knows his chit, and he'll give you the hook up and his customer service is awesome. I would also look into getting an EGR delete.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Proud Sponsor

yep, that's what I asked him in a PM, what he is asking for as far as injectors, towing..that's the size (155)I would suggest, you can still make good power with them and tow safely.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Hate 'R Us

Ringing the heads = asking for trouble.

This is what I'd do:

OEM gaskets
ARP studs
Cass 155cc
EGR Delete
And some type of fuel system to ensure FP.

Also don't forget to get some new tunes for the setup to ensure it works together at full potential.

JMO

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Wondering what if

Nastyf250, How many miles on your rig? Just wondering what and when I might be facing the same situation with my '07. Of course my situation is probably different. I only tow 3-4k with my job trailer like every other week. I'm currently at 57k miles. No tuner .

'07 F350 3" lvl, fndrs trmd, 37" M16's
Ultra lites ECT,EGT,EOT Oil and top fuel billet caps
banjo bolts drilled cautiously, ccv, zoodad mods Dieselsite coolant filter
SCT SF3 can tunes

Mike's Diesel Performance
KT Performance
DieselPowerProducts.com
Dieselsite
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
We can provide you with ARP studs,black onxy headgaskets,EGR delete and injectors.
What are black onyx gaskets?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode