What nozzles? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What nozzles?

So I've been thinking about going with some injectors from Warren. I'm just stuck in-between 190/stocks and 190/100s. What do you guys think? The price difference isn't huge. I'd also be getting a reg return.

2003 F350 SLT 4x4 6.0L
EGR delete, ARP head studs, SCT 3015 w/ custom tuning by Drew at Back Road Performance, Banks CAI, AirDog 150, 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust, 8" mitre cut tip, 2.5" Ruff Country lift, 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5% Tint all the way around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 03:01 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: What nozzles?

What turbo are you gonna be running with it??

IMO, stock nozzles are too small for a 190 body and 100% nozzles just dump A LOT of fuel. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome for building power. I'd take a 100% nozzle over a 75% nozzle any day but towing is pretty much out of the question with any single turbo.

From what we've seen, the "30%" nozzle is just an AWESOME nozzle. It holds the fuel back down low and yet still allows for enough fuel to be dumped to hit 600hp with a 68 VGT.

I pretty much always recommend either 175/30s or 190/30s for about 95% of the people who ask this question just because I've seen where guys go with the 75 or 100% nozzles and don't like how smokey and warm they run.

Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 03:53 PM
PSN Local

What about going with Holders diesel and getting 50% nozzles? I think Rykan had them on his 04 and said he could tow 12k with it

2006 F-350 CCSB Lariat
MBRP 4" exhaust, Powermax, Gearhead SRL, Edge CTS w/ Egt probe and Fuel Pressure, Blue Fuel Pressure Spring, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, High Idle Mod, CCV Mod, Zerex ELC, JVC DVD head-unit, JL Stealthbox and JL Slash 500/1v2 amp

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Sponsor

Yes I did run some 50% nozzles love them I still have some on the shelf need to have some more built as we are starting to run low. I loved my 50% nozzles depending on what you do with the truck for daily driving trucks we almost always install a 30, or 50% nozzle. We never install a 75% or bigger as it is just too hot and smokey to tow much. If its just a daily driver with a lot of air or weekend warrior then we would go to a bigger nozzle.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 05:04 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stroker View Post
Yes I did run some 50% nozzles love them I still have some on the shelf need to have some more built as we are starting to run low. I loved my 50% nozzles depending on what you do with the truck for daily driving trucks we almost always install a 30, or 50% nozzle. We never install a 75% or bigger as it is just too hot and smokey to tow much. If its just a daily driver with a lot of air or weekend warrior then we would go to a bigger nozzle.
It is cool to hear injector builders doing a good job with injector nozzle sizing...

I sell a lot of turbos to guys and the injector builders "demand" larger nozzles... like 175/75 or 190/100 and refuses to do smaller 190/30 or 190/50... and then the customer complains about low throttle hazing with 190/100s. IMO there is no need to run that big of a nozzle on that small of an injector. A 30% nozzle is plenty big to dump 190cc and has proven to be enough fuel for over 600hp.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Sponsor

Exactly, I am a huge fan of a 30 or 50% nozzle. That is all I personally run on a daily driver. Plenty of fun with that nozzle make good power, lower egt's, for any fully functional daily driver, tow or work truck.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode