HPOP's - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Cool HPOP's

Looking to see what everyone thinks is the best most reliable HPOP for the 6.0 is? I'm not going to name names but I've had 2 reman's in the last 3000 miles both went to crap and I'm pretty tired of pulling this thing apart. One blew the metal ball out the other blew the front seal out oh the pump. All I've really found out there is the adrenaline pumps but I would think more are out there, maybe not😐. Any info would be greatly appreciated, the truck is just used as a daily driver and to pull horse trailers. I do play occasionally but by no means a lot. It's a 2004 old pump style. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: HPOP's

are you running larger injectors or stockers? if you are running stock I would recommend the oe ford pump

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:29 AM
PSN Veteran

we use ford remans. never had an issue. We always replace oil cooler and screen when we do them. Not saying they are perfect but never had to warranty one in first couple years

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The motor only has a bit over 3000 miles on a complete rebuild, stock injectors, arp head studs, arp rod bolts, complete get delete. I'm just pretty much after dependability which you can see I have not had. Lol. The adrenaline pump is roughly 350. More than the oem rebuild and don't care to pay that if that what it takes, but I was also thinking their might be something else out there better that I don't know about.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

you dont need anything bigger than stock and the stockers have been known to last upwards of 250K miles

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yea I knew I didn't need anything more for performance sake, just didn't know if a better quality pump, for say, would give me better odds for reliability. But it looks like a ford reman it is! Thanks again!��
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 09:54 PM
PSN Veteran

You've gone through this twice now. If money were not a number one factor I would go with the Adrenaline pump. One day that's what I plan to do, just lower on my list and I've had no HPOP problems yet.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 07:48 AM
PSN Local

You can't beat Bob Reilly's engineering. Also, you state you want dependability. If so, you've got to ditch the stock oil cooling system; Had three go out in 17K miles..all Motorcraft!
I went with Liberator and liked it quite a bit. The EOT were 20degrees cooler than ECT. The winter performance here in Wisconsin was fine.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Banned

I took my oem hpop apart and put a 19 deg. angle on the swash plate that adds
up to around 30% more efficiency.I put 3 dowels in the housing so the swash plate would not spin which is usually the cause when an early 03-04 pump goes down.Truck runs like a raped ape and fires right up.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

Here are some videos that some may fined useful and if you don't know the internals of an 03-04 hpop this video shows it.It also shows you how to rebuild your ipr if you want to save some money nothing wrong with that right lol.

Powerstroke 6.0 7.3 hpop technical how-to - YouTube

6.0 powerstroke ipr valve clean/rebuild - YouTube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode