6.0 up pipe - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Ford fanatic

6.0 up pipe

Just bought a stage two barder turbo for my 05 6.0 and thought while I had the turbo out to do the swap I would do the uppipes. I have been having the dreaded tea kettle whistle so I think it is time. Weird thing is I have no soot anywhere or loss of boost. Anyway let's hear some opinions of whose uppipes you are running and what you think of them. Any spool up, performance gains etc. Kind of don't mind the price of the mbrp ones and like the fact there is no core charge being I am from Canada and usually have to eat core charges because of shipping, but would rather support a vendor here and haven't really heard any first hand experience with them. Let me know what you guys are running.

2005 f350 4x4 (Dorothy)
Holders diesel 175/30, WPE stage 3 ported intake, Barder stage 2, Sinister uppipes. Banks technicolor with charge pipes and high ram intake elbow. Gearhead tuning on SCT X3. Driven Diesel RR, studded, deleted, ccv mod. Amsoil bypass oil filter with home built coolant filter. Modified direct drive solonoid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: 6.0 up pipe

get ahold of rescues diesel performance

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:18 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Nate at WPE (Windrunner Performance Engineering)... Not sure if he's a sponsor here or not, but he is a member of this site. He has a set out now that I was looking at.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Ford fanatic

I was also looking at the wpe uppipes. Look like they are built really well and I like the idea that they can fit a 90 degree RR fitting but does anyone know if they will flow better than stock? I assume they will flow the same as they are upgraded braided bellows on the stock pipes, unless Nate does some work in the collector area. If I'm going to spend the money I might as well get something that outflows the oem ones if that is possible.

2005 f350 4x4 (Dorothy)
Holders diesel 175/30, WPE stage 3 ported intake, Barder stage 2, Sinister uppipes. Banks technicolor with charge pipes and high ram intake elbow. Gearhead tuning on SCT X3. Driven Diesel RR, studded, deleted, ccv mod. Amsoil bypass oil filter with home built coolant filter. Modified direct drive solonoid.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:45 AM
JGman141

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost4life View Post
I was also looking at the wpe uppipes. Look like they are built really well and I like the idea that they can fit a 90 degree RR fitting but does anyone know if they will flow better than stock? I assume they will flow the same as they are upgraded braided bellows on the stock pipes, unless Nate does some work in the collector area. If I'm going to spend the money I might as well get something that outflows the oem ones if that is possible.
I've got a few of his up pipes on customers trucks and they are a quality piece, if recommend them.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford fanatic

Have you had any feedback from those customers on drive ability/ spool up changes. I know sinister can almost be a swear word on some of these forums due to the copying of parts and kits and such. But all bias aside what is everyone's thoughts on their y-pioes. Seems like a well made product and wasn't a copy( that I know of) kind of don't want to give them my money, but I like the idea of the slip joints because IMHO it would cause less turbulence in the y-pipe and perhaps create quicker spool up.

2005 f350 4x4 (Dorothy)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Are you doing the pipe to get rid of your tea kettle whistle noise? If so I think you are on the wrong track.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 PM
PSN Local

I like these. Next time my turbo comes out these are going in.
6.0 SS HD Up Pipes

2008 F250 KR CCSB AT MINIMAXX AFe PG7 5" straightpipe. SOLD!

2007 F250 KR 4x4 CCSB Scan Gauge II, SCT SF3, Gearhead's SRLXX, ARP's, PMM's EGR delete, PMM's coolant filter, Rancho 7000's, IDP FICM tuning, blue spring, Wicked Wheel, No Limit Fab CAI.

2006 GMC Savanna 3500 6.6 LBZ Duramax work van
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Ford fanatic

I am doing the pipe to get rid of my oem bellows, hopefully gain a lil throttle response, and was hoping that it too would get rid of the whistle noise, even though I can't find any soot anywhere. Truck is studded and deleted running gearhead tunes. Any of you guys had a leak at the turbo clamp without seeing soot? I really have no soot anywhere around the clamp or the bellows. Figured since I would have the turbo out anyway that would be the time to throw in some better uppies.

2005 f350 4x4 (Dorothy)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:34 AM
JGman141

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost4life View Post
Have you had any feedback from those customers on drive ability/ spool up changes. I know sinister can almost be a swear word on some of these forums due to the copying of parts and kits and such. But all bias aside what is everyone's thoughts on their y-pioes. Seems like a well made product and wasn't a copy( that I know of) kind of don't want to give them my money, but I like the idea of the slip joints because IMHO it would cause less turbulence in the y-pipe and perhaps create quicker spool up.
All my customers had cracks in theirs when they came to me so it's hard to tell if they made an improvement over healthy stock ones because they could spool the turbo normally again. All of them so far seem to be very happy with them and I have one guy that runs 55 psi of boost with his and has zero issues.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in