190hp tune - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
06 FX4,4" Rough Country

190hp tune

just looking for some educated advice on this 190hp extreme tune from innovative diesel ive come across. for the past year ive ran the sct canned performance tune with no problems. has a lot of power but id like more without blowing up the motor which is my reason for coming on here and asking. my motor is all stock, no deletes studs gaskets etc.. what is everyones thoughts on doing this? im pretty leery of it, but most guys on here know way more than me. ive got several buddys that drive duramaxs with efi live tuning and of course they beat me in a race and give me all kinds of crap about my "powerjoke" so id love to put this tune on and race again and maybe change the outcome. ive got a 4" lift and 35s. thoughts on transmission effects and blowing head gaskets and studs? egr valve? looking forward to helpful advice but i dont care to read bashing comments bc of my lack of knowledge. thats why im on here.

06 F250 CCLB FX4, 173K, Egr delete, Blue spring, SCT performance tune, AFE cold air, 4" Rough Country, 35x12.50 Cooper STT m/t, Fuel Hostage 18x12 -44 offset, 4"dp into 5" Diamond Eye system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 AM
JGman141

Re: 190hp tune

This is the first I've ever heard of a 190 hp tune but whatever, you can get that tune and drive on it but then it all depends how you drive. More than likely you'll pop your head gaskets since your on tty bolts and want to race your friends. I'd get a head bolt "safe" tune, that way the chances are far less of blowing a gasket, you'll still make good power and should be able to stay closer to your buddies.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM
PSN Local

If you are going to run a "HOT" tune your going to have to upgrade the motor before it becomes a Grenade and does what a Grenade does. Realisticly the guys with EFI Live are going to have a leg up on you until you put some money into your engine. IMHO I would rather have running truck with a little more power than a yard decoration. Back Roads Performance has a few stock safe tunes but even then your on borrowed time. Your running canned tunes and from what I have gathered a custom tune even a safe tune will give you more power and better shift points as well. But if you are dead set on running a killer tune just to stomp your friends a$$ in the mud do the studs, delete the egr, a free flowing exhaust (If not already done) and put a good tune on it, and let it eat. That being said you could run the hot tune just dont put your money on it staying together very long, and when it pops dont blame the 6.0 for being a crappy engine at that point.

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

My truck is currently torn apart in the driveway getting HG replaced from running a "HG safe" tune.....just saying.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:35 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedSD View Post
My truck is currently torn apart in the driveway getting HG replaced from running a "HG safe" tune.....just saying.
Wow sorry to hear that am still running the back road performance raped ape on my truck and nothing has happened so far I don't think there is such thing as a stock head bolt safe it will go when it wants to

2006 f350 CCLB
Blue spring mod
6.4 Banjo bolts
Zoo dad
SCT 3015 BRP Raped ape Tune by Drew
Diamond eye 5 inch turbo back
Afe blade runner charge pipe
5w40 Rotella T6
SOLD!!!

2008 f350 CCLB 6.4
S&B intake
rest is on lock for spring 2015 :)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Good ol boy

Hate to say it but a so called "head bolt safe" tune will not counter the affects of somebody racing stop light to stop light, that's just not how it works. You can blow head gaskets with stock tuning so... As someone said earlier his truck blew them with the head bolt safe tune. If your driving halfway normal and just getting on it here and there of course it will lesson the chances of a problem. But if your racing buddies plan on the gaskets goin at some point.

To the OP, if your wanting to race a Dmax with efi your gonna need a lot more than just a tune man lol a common rail motor is night an day difference in the power it can make with just a tune.

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Back Road Performance Tuned
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:19 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
"To the OP, if your wanting to race a Dmax with efi your gonna need a lot more than just a tune man lol a common rail motor is night an day difference in the power it can make with just a tune."
I know those Dmax guys have it so easy to make power, too bad that allison 1000 cant hold it .

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:09 PM
PSN Veteran

You play you pay!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

I made it just over two years on that tune before they popped (IDP AggStreet). I'm not racing light to light, nor am I taking it down the track. Every now and then I like to bury my foot in it as most of us do. Like its been said, stock trucks blow gaskets. it's just a flawed design....adding power only magnifies the problem. If you want to add power, plan on pulling the heads at some point, because sooner or later, you WILL start pushing coolant.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:08 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
it's just a flawed design....adding power only magnifies the problem. If you want to add power, plan on pulling the heads at some point, because sooner or later, you WILL start pushing coolant.
Amen revren 6speedsd amen!!! I love my 6.0 but I also know one day I will have to pull it apart, and fix the flaw. I have heard its smart to get your heads magnafluxed when doing the head gaskets and studs as well. Shows cracks that cant be seen with the naked eye.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode