Black smoke - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Black smoke

Hi guys I'm new to the diesel world I have a 2005 6.0 lariat. For mode's I have head studs egr delete sinister diesel coolant filter afe dry cold air intake and edge evolution. I hear guys say they blow a lot of black smoke with this programmer on the extreme mode. My truck put's out a little puff of black smoke and is of like a rocket which I love. The question is if my truck doesn't smoke a lot on this tune should I be worried that my fuel pressure isn't putting out the right amount of pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 01:04 PM
PSN Local

Re: Black smoke

another highly recommended tuner would be the SCT. get custom tunes on it and you shouldn't smoke as much.
as far as fuel pressure, get a couple of gauges to know for sure where your truck likes to be at. you cant really judge fuel pressure from amount of coal.
if you are low on pressure then look into the "blue spring" mod.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 01:26 PM
JGman141

blowing "lots" of smoke is what's making the government crack down on diesel owners, so the less you do that the better. As far as tuners go you need a sct for the best performance and reliability for the 6.0

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It only let's out a little puff when I flat foot it until the turbo catches up then goes like hell. My truck doesn't roll cole by any means and don't want it to. Guess I'm not going to worry about it to much it run's awesome all the time.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

At some point when I get more funs I will get more gauges and the SCT tuner but for now the edge is working great. What are the most crucial thing I should monitor with gauges right now I watch oil temp/engine temp/trans temp/exhaust temp and factory boost.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 09:17 PM
PSN Veteran

that means your truck is USING the fuel, vs. blowing it out the tailpipe. thats a good thing, your turbo spools fast. truck goes fast.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys for the input
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 07:27 PM
PSN Local

Yes for sure quick spooling turbo is quick truck. Smoke just means your tunning sucks, and gives the rest of us bad names...

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 10:45 PM
PSN Newb

Sct with some custom tunes and you will love it.

2005 6.0
- Head Studs
- Egr Delete
- 5in Straight pipe
- Ultra Motorspot rims
- Sct x4 still canned tunes. Trying to find the right ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode