Mishimoto 200 Degree stat? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Mishimoto 200 Degree stat?

How does everyone like there's over the factory 185? And mpg gains? Quiter?

2004 Lariet CCSB, Egr delete w/ up pipe, 4inch diamond eye, Blue Spring, Diesel Site coolant filter, 200 stat, Rotella Coolant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Mishimoto 200 Degree stat?

Factory is 192-195. I have one of the higher temp units, just haven't had time to try it.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzhotrod View Post
Factory is 192-195. I have one of the higher temp units, just haven't had time to try it.
Mine shows like 185 unloaded all the time, it will be interesting to see what difference the 200 will make

2004 Lariet CCSB, Egr delete w/ up pipe, 4inch diamond eye, Blue Spring, Diesel Site coolant filter, 200 stat, Rotella Coolant

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 AM
PSN Veteran

Mine shows 188- 190 all the time.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 12:50 AM
PSN Local

I just ordered mine today.
It should be in late next week.

Andy 2007 4X4 F350,6.0 PSD, Lariat, CC, DRW, 9' Knapheide body, stainless steel ladder rack, SCT with custom tunes, Banks turbo back, ARP's, ITP RR, Airdog II, Powermax with Billet Wheel, Firestone air bags, Autometer gauges( pyro,fuel pres,water temp,boost,trans temp), CCV mod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 09:06 PM
PSN Veteran

What is the advantage of 200????

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Hopefully better fuel mileage.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Administrator

I think they are overpriced and unnecessary for the 6.0

and when questioned to as if they fail do they fail to the open position the answer was "all t stats fail to the open position "

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Luddite in Charge

How does a 5-8* variation in coolant temp effect fuel mileage? The hotter the motor the better it aids the fuel in vaporizing and combusting thus more efficient? What about the harmful effects of running a hotter motor tho? If it's a better constructed device than OEM (which needs to go anyway) and is comparatively priced to either a proper OEM or Stant (although I've heard negative things about these, never saw first hand tho) I guess why not... But I'd still want it cooler than hotter. And no way would I pay double for something just for a fancy package with a free sticker inside. I still fail to see how the benefits to running hotter could outweigh the cons in any way. What about just the off chance that I'm stuck pulling a major roadside 911 repair where I lose almost all my coolant and only have water to replace lost coolant. That 200* thermostat puts me 10 degrees closer to boiling over just by doing what it's supposed to do. That's really splitting hairs but Murphy always shows up in ways you never ever expect him to.

Z- Why is it they always fail to the open? Spring loses it's temper and is therefore unable to keep enough pressure against the thermostat disc in it's seat and be able to resist system pressure? Or do they physically get canted at an awkward angle during periods of high volume flow and somehow wedge themselves in the open position?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Administrator

my take is for 30 bucks I get an OEM t stat and housing the Mishi is way more$$ for just a stat no housing and the OEM has always been touted as a fails to the open flow feature

not all tstats will fail to the open position and over-cool some will fail closed cause an overheat situation since they fail and hinder the flow to the block
so I was a little surprised by Mishi's blanket statement answer

yes the theory is a hotter engine can be more efficient than a colder but i think the 6.0 is their already and I am not willing to try running even hotter to see
I will leave that for the more curious

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode