05 led dash upgrade - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

05 led dash upgrade

So I've heard different things and can't decide if its worth it or not. I've seen the led bulbs that some say they use but idk how they lock in or if its wrong bulb. Any pics or info would be helpful thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 08:08 PM
PSN Local

Re: 05 led dash upgrade

I've been wanting to do this for a while to. I've also wanted to do my door switches to. I know on the switches you have to solder the bulb. But on the dash cluster there are plug and play bulbs like t5,t4,t3 bulbs that usually fit in other dash clusters.

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 11:47 PM
PursuitInterceptor

I tried them and didn't care for them. I was hoping it would be a nice upgrade but it was a waste of money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 12:43 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
I tried them and didn't care for them. I was hoping it would be a nice upgrade but it was a waste of money.
What color did you do?

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 12:35 AM
PursuitInterceptor

I used white since the gauge face is what determines the color. What I did wrong was select the wrong angle lamp. Still those little dash bulb housings are a PITA. I was just tired of trying to make it all work. Went back to stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:36 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
I used white since the gauge face is what determines the color. What I did wrong was select the wrong angle lamp. Still those little dash bulb housings are a PITA. I was just tired of trying to make it all work. Went back to stock.
I wanted to do white to along with the door switches. What size bulb was the gauge face? T4? I know the door switches have to be soldered .ive done a few on my own. I'm no to great on soldering lol.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:41 AM
PursuitInterceptor

74 if I recall....looking over their site.

You dig.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
74 if I recall....looking over their site.
74 is the number? Or site? And you said they don't look good?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:56 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Yes...74 led ...they sell them with the holders. I was hoping the holders and LEDs would work great. Seems as the projection angle was too small. I think I might have gotten the wrong ones. They worked once installed but it was the was the light projected thru the gauge face. It made more of a circle versus a glowing bulb. I think the LEDs might even be too low of a power draw since it seemed to give a battery light even when there were no other issues with the electrical system. It was all a PITA.

You dig.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Yes...74 led ...they sell them with the holders. I was hoping the holders and LEDs would work great. Seems as the projection angle was too small. I think I might have gotten the wrong ones. They worked once installed but it was the was the light projected thru the gauge face. It made more of a circle versus a glowing bulb. I think the LEDs might even be too low of a power draw since it seemed to give a battery light even when there were no other issues with the electrical system. It was all a PITA.
You can't use the stock holder ? It won't fit on the new led? You don't think it could of been the brand? I try and light the bulb up before I install and use a battery to light it up.

I think a 74 is the same as a t5. That's what it's showing on the internet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode