SCT Comes Through with X4 Fix!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

SCT Comes Through with X4 Fix!!

Yahoo, they got the firmware fixed and my truck is up and running on the canned Perf. tune. Am going to go for a drive and try the custom tunes.

04.5 F-350 KR. ARP studs, Sinister Wrapped Y-Pipes and R.R. Fuel System,Atlas40 FICM, DC Power 190Alternator,BPD remote oil cooler&updates,BPD Water Pump/7.3 Fan Clutch, EGR Cooler delete,DieselSite Coolant Filter, AEM Brute Force HD intake, 4" Flow-Master,2.5" Level Kit/33" Toyo AT II's, D.D. Solenoid Mod, CCV Delete. SCT X4. KC Stage 1.5 Turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 12:54 AM
PSN Local

Re: SCT Comes Through with X4 Fix!!

Did they email you a new firmware update, or update there entire firmware file everyone can access?.. I just got mine from the UPS truck. Tried it, only recognizes a Shelby GT500. Tried updating and after waiting about 45 minutes for it to completely update, it only still recognizes a Shelby GT500...

1995 7.3 CCLB 4wd-160/80 Rosewood injectors-T500 HPOP-Modded H2E-99 Aluminum intercooler-6.0 Tranny cooler-DIY E-fuel-Exhaust-PHP tunes-SOLD!!

2003 F250 CCSB 2wd-ARP headstuds-Powermax-Stock Intake w/ Zoodad mod-Bulletproff EGR-4" straight pipe exhaust-SCT x4 w/ Gearhead tunes-PHP Ficm Tuner
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 03:08 AM
PSN Newb

I called the tech support number because I didn't want to wait in line to be called. It took maybe 5 minutes total.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 04:55 AM
PSN Local

And what did they do to resolve the issue? I couldn't call today because it was after business hours once I recieved it.

1995 7.3 CCLB 4wd-160/80 Rosewood injectors-T500 HPOP-Modded H2E-99 Aluminum intercooler-6.0 Tranny cooler-DIY E-fuel-Exhaust-PHP tunes-SOLD!!

2003 F250 CCSB 2wd-ARP headstuds-Powermax-Stock Intake w/ Zoodad mod-Bulletproff EGR-4" straight pipe exhaust-SCT x4 w/ Gearhead tunes-PHP Ficm Tuner
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

They load a new firmware file. SCT tech told me they had around 200 X4's out there that this affected. I think is was the update to 1.037 that did it, mine worked before I updated to that file, then no go. Same for the 1.039 update.Mine would recognize other vehicles too, but not mine. Would have liked to tried tune another 6.0 but didn't know any other fools that would try that.

Second X4 I bought a month later after my first one went back for the second time, was originaly 1.033 firmware and I didn't try the canned tunes before updating to 1.039 last Friday. No work either.
Vivian told me, in talking with them about it last Monday, it had to do with the firmware program didn't save the VIN on 03-04, so when you updated it, it didn't recognize the vehicle, hence, some of them were working fine until you updated them before loading a custom tune, like mine.
Now, after buying two X4's and getting a PCM reflash for $104, is good to go.

I need to advertise an X4 For Sale in classifieds!!

04.5 F-350 KR. ARP studs, Sinister Wrapped Y-Pipes and R.R. Fuel System,Atlas40 FICM, DC Power 190Alternator,BPD remote oil cooler&updates,BPD Water Pump/7.3 Fan Clutch, EGR Cooler delete,DieselSite Coolant Filter, AEM Brute Force HD intake, 4" Flow-Master,2.5" Level Kit/33" Toyo AT II's, D.D. Solenoid Mod, CCV Delete. SCT X4. KC Stage 1.5 Turbo.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 PM
PSN Local

Sorry you had to be the guinnea pig in all this MT, but as I stated in another post I am more than glad your up and running man.

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks man!! Am glad to be playing " What's my favorite Tune" .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode