Stay away from performance mfg - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Stay away from performance mfg

What a joke of a place changed names two or three times now can't built a motor to save their life won't warranty anything didn't send every gasket and part they said waited 6 months for a motor to ship costumer service sucks got hung up on multiple times by Matt the owner just want people to be warned have to buy new heads now after 7,000 miles because of installation error at 1300$ a piece and still find small metal pieces on my oil filter every oil change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 01:46 PM
PSN Local

Re: Stay away from performance mfg

Holy crap. I have never went through them for anything. If I was going to get a motor I would go through Jaspers for several reasons but the 2 big ones are. 1. they have been around forever, and 2 They are a very reputable company that does have warranties. I am a guy who puts alot of faith into companies that will stand behind their product and it doesnt sound like (From your experiance) that they put any faith in theirs. Thats a huge red flag in my book. I am even fairly certain that swamps even gives a warranty on some of their performance built motors, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Sorry about your luck man I hope you get it all sorted out and keep us posted...

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03fathead6.0 View Post
Holy crap. I have never went through them for anything. If I was going to get a motor I would go through Jaspers for several reasons but the 2 big ones are. 1. they have been around forever, and 2 They are a very reputable company that does have warranties. I am a guy who puts alot of faith into companies that will stand behind their product and it doesnt sound like (From your experiance) that they put any faith in theirs. Thats a huge red flag in my book. I am even fairly certain that swamps even gives a warranty on some of their performance built motors, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Sorry about your luck man I hope you get it all sorted out and keep us posted...
don't buy jasper their warranty is not worth paper it is printed on. Marketing does not equal quality...I have a nice 7.3out of customers truck iirc less than 30k low compression. Jasper would not warranty.

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:32 PM
PSN Local

Man thats the first I have ever heard of them in a bad way, what if anything have you heard about Swamps engines and their warranty? Also if all else fails Industrial Injection does builds as well. Just saying. Thanks for the info btw on Jaspers as well.

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 10:49 PM
PSN Local

Jasper told us if we use any performance upgrades that won't warranty an engine or transmission. Glad the rep was honest up front though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 PM
PSN Local

Oh that makes a little more sense and glad to hear they were up front about it. Diesel Power mag did a whole write up on Swamps building a 7.3 for a sled truck and it came with a 1 year warranty and that was on a purpose built performance motor filled block and everything. I would imagine there daily driver builds come with a hell of a warranty as well. If you have the coin that is. I also have seen a dealer in from up north (Canada) that had a 50k warranty for non commercial use motors as well. But I am sure there are stipilations with anyones warranty.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 01:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoschtonhauler View Post
Jasper told us if we use any performance upgrades that won't warranty an engine or transmission. Glad the rep was honest up front though.
jasper denied this warranty because his f350 ccdrw has fifth wheel I just don't understand what they expected someone to do with a 1 ton dually

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:56 PM
PSN Local

WTF!? Really!? Guess 1 ton trucks were never ment to pull there own weight then either. I for one will never go through them for anything now. Thank you for the info Wise Guy, real eye opener...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

These days a warranty isnt worth more than, well, jack squat. 9 out of 10 businesses will do everything in their power to find a reason to deny said warranty. Denied because a DRW truck had a gooseneck....as I was just saying....

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 PM
PSN Local

Yeah it seems its only a marketing tool these days. Pretty sad IMHO. I miss the days when your warranty was a hand shake and the fact that your name was associated with the product. Guess I am just a little long in the tooth...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode