anyone running a madmax with 190/100 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

anyone running a madmax with 190/100

im currently running a pmax with my truck and im looking to get a little bigger turbo I still tow with my truck is why im not looking to get a 68 so if you a running a madmax what stick mods are you running and how do you like it and do you tow with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: anyone running a madmax with 190/100

I'm gonna save you a bunch of money... Either stick with your Powermax and put a billet wheel in it and tune it until you can tow OR do compounds... The Madmax will not get you what you're after. You'd be better off with a Stage 3 68 VGT from either KC or Barder than you would getting a Madmax... JMO but the only thing that running a bigger single turbo (regardless if it's VGT or non-VGT) is going to do is reduce your margin to surging (aka make it easier) if you do tow. It'll flow more air at peak boost but in order to do that the surge line is moved closer to where the engine would surge at high boosts and low rpm (i.e. towing situations)... Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yes sir how do those 2 turbos compare to the pmax lag wise?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 01:40 PM
PSN Newb

Even ride in a tuned 6.4? No lag in a 6.4. Not munch lag at all with compounds as long as you have the correct set up and tune. Just wondering, why did you go so big on the injectors if you tow a lot?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by what a mess View Post
yes sir how do those 2 turbos compare to the pmax lag wise?
With the right tuning, these turbos are going to be about 100 rpms slower to respond than a Powermax with a billet wheel.

I made my recommendation based off of the fact that you might as well be clean and make the power up top since you'll need rpms for all the turbos (68 VGT options and madmax) to tow with and that point the difference between a Stage 3 and madmax will be pretty significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeemmiss View Post
....Just wondering, why did you go so big on the injectors if you tow a lot?
Yea I gotta ask this question too. 100% nozzles are REALLY big and dump a ton of fuel quick. I think you might be hard pressed to tow but tuning will be the key. I know a guy in Canada with 190/50s and a Stage 3 and he hauls around 10-12k easily enough.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well to be honest I got these 190s over 100 on this site and all I had to do was send the guy my stock ones 1 injector has a little miss and he was trading in the truck and wanted smooth running injectors so I got 190 over 100 for my stock injectors strait up that is why I have such a big injector and I don't have a billet wheel for my pmax its a stock wheel I had a billet wheel but I got it the same time we pulled the cab off my budys excursion and did head gaskets so he cond me out of it heh but I have towed 20k with this setup and it doest get crazy egts stay in check fairly well but I also have banks intercooler system and a gogo diesel ported intake manifold so that helps a lot I also have a set of bd manis sitting in the box that I will be having ceramic coated and a new mbrp y pipe I will be getting coated also along with a new no limit cai coming my way so hopefully that will help a little more
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 AM
PSN Newb

I would have made that trade too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode