What's the best aftermarket hpop for 05-07 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What's the best aftermarket hpop for 05-07

What is the best aftermarket hpop that anyone had experience with for 05-07?

I currently had a thumper and it had problems holding voltage or pressure to the icp. Put a new hpop from ford and it runs great. The air dog wasn't giving constant fuel psi. So we changed it out for a fuel lab. Now it's at 60 psi constantly. Those airdogs always go out. Or they can't produce the pressure constantly.

So what other pumps are there. ? Diesel site. Hpop? The diesel site hpods? Is that hpods really neccisary? I know there is a lot of dual pumps out there, but id rather stick to single.

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:09 AM
PSN Newb

Re: What's the best aftermarket hpop for 05-07

Just spoke with Patrick at Warren Diesel about this. After the conversation, I was left with the understanding that there was not a single pump out there that would fully and continually support 225/100s. Dual pumps is the way to go with that large of an injector.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

So the thumper hpop and diesel site pumps can flow 225/100s when they advertised they could? That's disappointing. So no luck trying diesel site?

How much is warrens twin pump? And do you have to use the 03-04 pump up top? Or does he custom fabricate it together?

My stock pump flowed better than the stage 1 thumper.

Tsd also told me they had trouble with another thumper but a stage 2 pump. And it was on 285cc injectors. It was doing the same thing as my stage one pump.

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 AM
PSN Newb

Honestly I don't know all the answers. I think the warren double pump set up is somewhere around $1,000 and up. Give Patrick a call at the number on their website and he can probably explain it better than I can. Hope that helps.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeemmiss View Post
Just spoke with Patrick at Warren Diesel about this. After the conversation, I was left with the understanding that there was not a single pump out there that would fully and continually support 225/100s. Dual pumps is the way to go with that large of an injector.
We've been handling those all day long for years with our 03-04 pump and our new 05 pump is a monster in comparison. So, that understanding is incorrect.

One close look at our 05-07 pump, one can tell we didn't simply re-seal a stock pump. There is 5 hours of machine work done to each housing, passageways ported, internals larger, etc.

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Proud Sponsor of Powerstrokenation.com
GOT DIESEL?ģ Tech Line 352-257-1669
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE View Post
We've been handling those all day long for years with our 03-04 pump and our new 05 pump is a monster in comparison. So, that understanding is incorrect.

One close look at our 05-07 pump, one can tell we didn't simply re-seal a stock pump. There is 5 hours of machine work done to each housing, passageways ported, internals larger, etc.

Bob
I've had problems with the thumper hpop maintaining the icp. If sent it back if I get a refund and go to diesel site will this pump help maintain icp better than a stock pump? I have 225/100s and have had nothing but problems with the thumper pump. The stock pump maintained a higher voltage... Jared at river city sent it to Bosch and flow tested it, and would not send me the results... He said it flowed 100 %. But it wouldn't even maintain a better icp than stock... I asked for a new pump... But I might have to get a refund.

Will this diesel site pump supply these warren 225/100 injectors with ease?
I want to get the full effect from these 225/100 conv.
Have you had any problems with your current pumps? What injectors have you tested on? Will it work just as good as twins hpops? I'm looking to have no struggles or problems with this new pump. I've already been charged for removing the hpop labor and putting in a stock one. If I get a new one I want confidence.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06.0dually View Post
sent it to Bosch and flow tested it, and would not send me the results... He said it flowed 100 %.
Bosch tested someone else's pump? You need to consider how large of a corp Bosch is. I recently was at an industry trade show and spent time with them. You can't even buy from Bosch unless you are a Central Distributor. The only way Bosch tested a pump is if it were a stock Bosch pump sold through their distribution system. Even if you are a CD, and are authorized to rebuild their pumps, you must buy a test stand built by Bosch, and buy all parts from Bosch, and cannot offer any competing products..... and the HEUI pumps are not part of that system. No test stand is sold, and no parts are sold, to anyone.

Possibly it was sent to a local injection shop who was a Bosch dealer?

We built our own test stand. I know what the pump will do. Unless you have something wrong with the injectors (upper seat issues), or bad tuning, you'll have no problem.

Honestly, and I know this gets guys all up in arms every time I mention it, but the stock pumps do very well with our HPODS.

Quote:
will this pump help maintain icp better than a stock pump?
All things being equal, there is no way a larger displacement pump will not maintain better. That means, the only change you made was the pump. If it's larger, you will see it on the scanner and on the dyno.

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner:

:

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE View Post
Bosch tested someone else's pump? You need to consider how large of a corp Bosch is. I recently was at an industry trade show and spent time with them. You can't even buy from Bosch unless you are a Central Distributor. The only way Bosch tested a pump is if it were a stock Bosch pump sold through their distribution system. Even if you are a CD, and are authorized to rebuild their pumps, you must buy a test stand built by Bosch, and buy all parts from Bosch, and cannot offer any competing products..... and the HEUI pumps are not part of that system. No test stand is sold, and no parts are sold, to anyone.

Possibly it was sent to a local injection shop who was a Bosch dealer?

We built our own test stand. I know what the pump will do. Unless you have something wrong with the injectors (upper seat issues), or bad tuning, you'll have no problem.

Honestly, and I know this gets guys all up in arms every time I mention it, but the stock pumps do very well with our HPODS.

All things being equal, there is no way a larger displacement pump will not maintain better. That means, the only change you made was the pump. If it's larger, you will see it on the scanner and on the dyno.

Bob
Wouldn't a upgraded be better than a hpod though? And it didn't make sense jarred kept telling me Bosch won't release the flow test. And he kept asking them to send it. That made no sense though. I talked to him today and he said he can offer a new pump, refund, or pay the difference and get the stage 2 thumper which supports 225cc up to 295cc. The stage one should have supported the 225s.... And mine are brand new modded warrens.

What do you mean you'll see it on the dyno?
Are you saying the pump won't maintain pressure constantly like a stock pump?
Icp should be the same throughout . Right? No matter the pump... Until you get into high demands.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 AM
PSN Newb

All I know is I watched Jesse Warren spin the rollers to 917 hp with 350/100s and his dual pump kit and a S475 turbo. Engine was stock outside valve springs, push rods, and studs. If it were me, I wouldn't depend on a single pump to support such large injectors for the same price as one upgraded pump. Just makes since to go with the dual pumps. But like I said, I don't build pumps and a sure don't know that much about them. I do know that 225/100 injectors need plenty of oil so why not double up.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
What do you mean you'll see it on the dyno?
Are you saying the pump won't maintain pressure constantly like a stock pump?
Icp should be the same throughout . Right? No matter the pump... Until you get into high demands.
Yes, ICP is commanded by the program. Load is the injector size and PW. As Load goes up and ICP falls from lack of volume, a higher volume pump will do a better job of maintaining ICP. The dyno reference was simply giving you another source of data along with scanner to see that the pump is larger.

If a stock pump maintains no problem on a particular truck and you install a higher volume pump, the only real changes are IPR duty cycle and faster ramp up of ICP.

Dual pumps move more oil. No question about it. We sell a lot of our billet pumps to folks with twins for the belt driven pump. The stock pump is a bushing pump and doesn't live real long being side loaded from a pulley. Our full bearing pumps take the load no problem. The issue with twins is most folks don't want the 2nd pump. The folks with moderate injectors want a drop in clean install.

Bob

Bob Riley, Owner:

:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode