How many have had multiple blown HG's? - Page 34 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 334 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: How many have had multiple blown HG's?

I think he is referring to bean's diesel performance and if so they are located in woodbury, TN. Their website is http://www.beansdieselperformance.com they I looked as well on their website and they didnt have anything about this on there for the powerstroke. I wish I could have found about this sooner as i would have called them when i did my head studs.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 334 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yes BDP is the shop, and just talk to Bean. He has some good stuff coming out of his shop.

post #333 of 334 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 PM
TimmyaleX

thanks fellas!

Support Blue Collar Workers

-2008 F-350 XLCCLBSRWZF6
-Fast Idle Switch
-5" DP back
-Innovative livewire
-No Limit
-Newton Fat Boy Traction Bars
-Ebay Leveling Kit
-ICON adj. Trac BAr
-NITTO Terra Grapplers
-Flo Pro EGR delete
-South Bend 3250
-Spartan
-Lab Pit "Stella"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #334 of 334 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM
OBS Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB View Post
They are studs not bolts, threads in the block have nothing to do about it. Problem with popping is simple friction, just think of the load on the face of that head. At that pressure the ARP grease is squashed out and causing it to pop. I would think using a synthetic high sheer (sp) oil would allow the bolt to torque smoother. Problem is it will change the actuall torue or stretch of the bolt. Like bean says his method eliminates this issue.
Digging this one up, but just a thought.... if the threads in the block were not cleaned then couldn't the stud threads and the block threads have stuff in between them, and when torqued down all of it may not come out, but after some usage it could... thus letting the stud lift ever so slightly?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode