06 f350 6.0 random stalling at idle - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

06 f350 6.0 random stalling at idle

Hey guys I have an 06 F350 6.0 with 87K on it and completely stock except for the cat deleted and CCV mod. I am having a random stalling issue, in the last 2 weeks I have stalled at idle 3 times. I am able to immediately restart and drive off. I do not have a CEL on, truck runs smooth and idles smooth. I checked the FICM and get 48V key on and also truck running. ICP pressure at idle was about 525. I have a suspicion I have an oil leak. I know common test is the air test but am afraid of hearing "sorry couldn't duplicate the symptoms etc". Has anyone else had an issue like this? I don't know if I should just buy a kit and replace stand tubes etc or cross my fingers with a shop. Any advice is appreciated.

If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much room!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 01:16 PM
PSN Local

Re: 06 f350 6.0 random stalling at idle

I would check your icp sensor first. Check it with AE or similar program. Could be as simple as a bad sensor. They usually start leaking oil when bad so you could take a visual check of the sensor and pig tail plug.

2003 F-250 4x4
6" pro-comp lift
37" tires
Studs, EGR delete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode