Leveling Kit Options - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

Leveling Kit Options

So I've been creeping and reading around here for some time and now I need some help. I'm looking to lift/level my truck slightly, but I want to do it on a budget and do it right. I was looking to get a set of Rancho (or equivalent) 2.5" coils and installing a F-350 4" block in the rear and installing Bilstein 5100's. My question is, if I go that route what other recommendations do you have to add on? Anything need relocated, lowering brackets, shims, etc.? I was also looking at the ReadLift kit, but they suggest steering stabilizers and a trac bar. After all that and adding shocks I'd be creeping up towards $2000. Although it does seem to come with everything needed other than I would add the Bilsteins rather than run stock shocks with extensions. Has anyone ran the ReadyLift kit? And how do you like it? I just think I'd rather go with a coil than a coil spacer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 03:33 PM
PSN Local

Re: Leveling Kit Options

This is how I would go. It is a true 4" kit with progressive rate coils so the ride is much improved. Also it includes the trac bar drop bracket to help avoid the death wobble. Hard to beat for under 500.00.

2005 2012 Ford F250 F350 Super Duty 3 Rough Country Suspension Lift Kit | eBay
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

Nice Deadringer! How did I not think to check Rough Country. I had there lift/level kit on my F-150. My searches have been limited to level kits, completely bypassed the smaller lift kits. Thanks for the post.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhipps View Post
Nice Deadringer! How did I not think to check Rough Country. I had there lift/level kit on my F-150. My searches have been limited to level kits, completely bypassed the smaller lift kits. Thanks for the post.
Not a problem I've had the kit on my truck for about 4 years now and love it. Clears 37" tires with no trimming on stock 20" wheels. Another plus is that the radius arm drop brackets are the same used in the 6"kit so if you ever decided to put on a 2" coil spacer to make the 4"kit a 6" kit all you have to do is drop to the lower bolt hole on the drop bracket.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

Thanks for the information, glad to know it's held up over time. Did you opt for either of the recommended steering stabilizers?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
PSN Local

Deadringer would that lift kit work on a 04 DRW?

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITAcelica View Post
Deadringer would that lift kit work on a 04 DRW?
In the Ebay link it says it will NOT work with DRW. I checked the Rough Country website and they did not specify. The Ebay seller is a Rough Country distributor, so I'm assuming their info is correct.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

I'm confused. It says a 2" block is included for the rear. Doesn't a 2" block come stock on F-250's and 4" on F-350's? So it's basically just leveling up the front then?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 12:37 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhipps View Post
I'm confused. It says a 2" block is included for the rear. Doesn't a 2" block come stock on F-250's and 4" on F-350's? So it's basically just leveling up the front then?
No. You do end up with stacked blocks. Not what I would call ideal but I've had no issues with multiple heavy (flattened over load springs) loads in the bed and pulling trailers. I get some axle wrap under hard acceleration but any truck making 1000ftlbs with 37s and no ladder bars would suffer the same.

This would not fit an 04 period as that an 04 would have leaf springs and not coils up front.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
No. You do end up with stacked blocks. Not what I would call ideal but I've had no issues with multiple heavy (flattened over load springs) loads in the bed and pulling trailers. I get some axle wrap under hard acceleration but any truck making 1000ftlbs with 37s and no ladder bars would suffer the same.
Ok, that's kind of what I figured was going on, but in my head it didn't seem like that great of an idea. I guess down the line if I don't like it I could always swap out for a solid 4" block. Thanks so much for all the info, this had help immensely.

Quote:
This would not fit an 04 period as that an 04 would have leaf springs and not coils up front.
Good catch, didn't even notice the year he wrote.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode