Need a exhaust in California - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Need a exhaust in California

Hey guys, I'm trying to get an exhaust for my truck, but no one will ship it to California. I really hate this state and their policy on diesel. Can anyone help me find one with a CARB sticker on it, I guess that's the only way they can sale it here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 12:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Need a exhaust in California

Do like I do. Send it to a friend or relative out of state, then they ship it to you. Long way around the problem.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

IF you find one CARB compliant not only will it be 1 1/2-2 times as expensive(because of the sticker) it won't be worth much performance wise. They are generally just aftermarket stock replacements. So basically what came on your truck but more expensive, What I always did was either have a muffler shop build me one for "racing use only" that had interchangeable parts(muffler/CAT), the parts that's looked for on an inspection. Or I would do what was already suggested, ship to a relative or friend who lives in a state like mine where you're allowed to do things to your truck. Have that person then ship it to you, that's still cheaper then a CARB compliant kit trust me.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I got a price on a custom built one and it was $1000 and it can go up as much as $1400. Looks like I'm going to take a road trip to Vegas. Thanks for the info guys

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

Sorry we couldn't be of more help, but it's california what can I say that's why I left.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

You know this was the state where Hot Roding was born and car culture thrived. But looks like those days are long gone, and now we have tree huggers that care more about their pockets then what makes people happy.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 02:45 AM
PSN Newb

Both my friend and I have had MBRP cat and muffler delete exhaust shipped to Ca in the last 3 months from 2 different sellers. Look around it can be done.
-Kyle
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Good old Kansas came through. I have a buddy that moved there and his going to ship it to me. I will end up buying him and the wife dinner and movie but that's a small price to pay.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:48 AM
PSN Local

Can't you just upgrade the down pipe on the stock system? That's the biggest restriction from what I understand. I remember reading on this board (or another board) about one member testing how deleting a cat would impact egts and it didn't do much but the downpipe did.

I actually got my truck back from the shop (studs, a bunch of other stuff including exhaust). Jesus, I can hardly stand to odor with the cat, without a cat is brutal! I might just get a new cat installed after all, lol
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

My OEM exhaust has rust pits all over it, its really ugly, that's why I'm getting a full turbo back exhaust and stainless steel so it wont rust out. My truck spent its life in northern California so its seen snow and mud.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode