Troubles with the 05-07 rivercity thumper hpop - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Troubles with the 05-07 rivercity thumper hpop

Has anyone run the rivercity thumper ? How is it running ? Anyone out there having problems or failures? Tsd just installed mine and it's failing. It's not even producing as much oil pressure as a stock pump. The voltage is at 3.3 and it should be 4.7

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 10:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Troubles with the 05-07 rivercity thumper hpop

No wonder your truck dyno'd so low...I haven't heard of any issues yet. IPR valve is working properly?

2004 F350 6.0 ECSB Lariat. All the normal stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

It's a brand new one. And that's the only other thing tsd said it could be. And they just laughed because it's not.

Oh yea early today I asked Jared if he had any problems with them. He said out of 150
He hasn't. Then I got the confirmation it was the hpop then I called and heather the assustant said he was on the phone. This was at 445 so I left a message. I tried again at 5 and she said he was still on the phone. I know i was being persistent. But I asked her If I could talk to him before they close. And what time to they close? and it was 5. Which I figured it was. Then she said he'll call me back tommorw. I was talking to him on Psa earlier hopefully he responds.

06 f350 white crew cab dually, 225/100 warrens, barder 68, BTS, Fuel lab setup built by tsd, sct tuned by tsd, ppe up pipes,bd exhaust manifolds, secret dual oil kit ,CTS monitor, a lot more extras

01 f350 red extended cab dually, powermax 38r, BTS, cfm, Afe, 6 inch danahoe, tsd 6 pos, a lot more extras.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 02:22 AM
PSN Veteran

Might want this moved to the 6.0L Aftermarket forum...

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oooops my bad sorry I thought I was under 6.0. If a moderator could change it.

post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Are you talking about ICP voltage? Might have a bad sensor,bad voltage supply, bad ground, or just a bad connection. I am just guessing but is this a second "booster" pump? What is your IPR% ? Maybe your "booster" pump is supplying all the pressure you need and your IPR is backing the system down, hence the low voltage reading.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Tsd put it in and they are sure it's the hpop . I asked them what the oil pressure was. They said we don't measure it that way. We do it by voltage and it was 3.3. He said it was the pump or the fitting. And the fitting is brand new. The pump is brand new. But he laughed when it was the fitting. So they are confident it's not the fitting. The oil filter is brand new obviously. They just put in a sinister oil cooler to. He said the ipr is brand new, I think. I mean that's when he laughed about it. Saying it wasn't.

Are you talking about the hpop reservoir? And check valve?

He said it wasn't even making oil pressure what a stock pump should make.

I talked to Jared Thursday and he was going to call Chris B at tsd when he had a chance. And get those two guys together and figure out if it's really the pump. If it's the pump I'm out installation fee .... Which isn't right if it's a brand new pump....

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The Stc fitting is brand new . For sure they told me they got one before they installed it.
And usually if the ipr valve isn't working the truck won't start.... Or it won't even make a decent amount of oil pressure. That's what I've read...

It's usually that screen that's clogged or blown through. Maybe if the screen was bearly clogged...

I think if it was the ipr the truck wouldn't be making 530 hp on the dyno.

post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I just talked to Jared and he talked to chris. He said he was going to send him a check list to make sure its not the hpop. Jared said he had one pump go out, on one customer and he said it just went out and wouldnt start.

So hes not conviced its the hpop. Because its a variable geometry hpop. So the hpop would just go out. Ive never heard varible geometry when reffered to as a hpop, but thats what im pretty sure he said.

He basically said most of the oil side, like the lpop and stuff like that, if its out its out.

He said the pulse width could be what is causing this or the icp. Im pretty sure he said " he could be running it to high"

Besides all that Jared is a nice guy . When he's got time to talk to you lol.

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 PM
PSN Veteran

I have never heard of a variable geometry pump either. There is variable displacement pumps for hydraulic systems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode