Decission - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Decission

Im convinced my fuel pump is blown, wich brings me to my question... Should i get a FASS or a airdog??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 PM
JGman141

Re: Decission

Neither, these pumps are junk for a 6.0. Just get a stock replacement if your going to stay mostly stock.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Agreed

i would rather buy an OEM than put on a free Fass or Airdog

I also wouldn't be "convinced" My pump was bad I would know for a fact if it was fried because I watch the fuel PSI
and would trouble shoot a few things first like fuel pickup and filters

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I bought the truck about 4 months ago and put a egr delete in, afe intake, turbo back exhaust and tuned it with sct, i throw the same code every day reading fuel pump circuit low, as of right now i know i have bad glow plugs, i took it to some local diesel shops where they told me besides the fact of my glow plugs being bad i prolly have a couple of bad injectors and something may be wrong with the pump
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Administrator

i don't think that would convince Me to run out an buy a pump
whats the code ? it sounds like an voltage code not a fuel psi code ??

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

There are plenty of so called diesel shops that have no friggen clue what they are talking about. Their idea of diagnosis is throw new parts at it until the problem is no more, on your dime. Just saying....

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yeah i agree that diesel shops will do that, im just starting to get frustrated with the way my truck runs.. I think i might have to wait it out and see if more signs come up..
Engine code: P0231
Truck is very sluggish for the first 45 minutes of driving it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6l_nick View Post
Engine code: P0231
Truck is very sluggish for the first 45 minutes of driving it
So it runs fine once its up to operating temps?

Thats the only code your throwing?

I agree with Zmann. I wouldn't buy a pump for it quite yet.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 PM
PSN Local

Bad glow plugs will set codes, when you start it cold in the morning any white smoke? No smoke, glow plugs are ok. I would unplug the ficm and clean the plug. People have also had issues with the inertia switch causing this code, so as long as the pump is running i would go with it. Would be a good idea to put a fuel pressure gauge in. This would give you the ability to watch the operation of the fuel pump.

Have you changed the fuel filters? This is a given when buying a new truck. They are expensive and are rarely changed when the owner knows they are not keeping the truck. You can change the fuel filters and the glow plugs yourself. No reason what so ever to take it to a shop for any of these items. You could even do the injectors but that is advanced but if you are brave, very handy and do the research you can find tons of videos and write ups. Just search ytube.

The 6.0 has been such a problem child most owners work on their own trucks to not go broke. This means just about every repair is documented and most are do-able in the driveway. Did my glow plugs a few years back...white smoke that went away after a minute or so. The white smoke smelled like unburned diesel. Pull out the plastic wheel liners and the glow plugs are right there...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Only time ive seen white smoke was in the winter, truck runs like crap even after it has reached normal running temps. It would prolly be smart of me to check my filters..
Ive also recently had problems due to my fuel tank wich is a aftermarket 60 gal.
Recently drained fuel and water seperator because a month ago the truck was spuddering and kicking as if it had something in the fuel.
Saving up for gauges at the moment ( egts and fuel rail )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode