If you were building my 6.0 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

If you were building my 6.0

I'm getting ready to delete and stud my 6.0 this summer. I was going with the elite desel kit including the following:

Price: 2224.46

ARP Headstuds
Factory Ford Head Gaskets
Head Gasket Dowel Size? 18mm/20mm Dowel
Oil Rail Dummy Plugs
Valve Cover Gaskets
EDE EGR Delete Kit
Bulletproof Waterpump
Include Updated Turbo Oil Drain and Supply Lines
Stc fitting
Blue Pressure Spring
Oil Pressure Switch
Overflow Bottle Cap

And I'll still have to get my heads resurfaced

I already paid the guy for my labor (he is a good diesel mechanic and is a great buddy of mine)
I already have a S&B dry air intake, with a 5in exhaust and 8in tip, I also have a SCT live wire already in my truck for the gauages until I get my delete and studs done then i'll be getting a custom tune from Rivercity.

The thing I've been asking my self, is 2250.00 over priced for this stuff? Am I just paying for the name? I know elite diesel is badass and has great products, but yet I think there is probably the same quality idems on the market with just a cheaper price. I'm here to ask you what would you do if you were building my 2006 6.0 F250. I'm a high school student who works for everything, therefore money will take time to earn. I know how much a dollar is really worth and how far it'll get me. I've been looking and maybe I just have my head up name brand idems, but I'm looking at spending another 3000 after I already paid for labor? Thats if i bought this kit and got my heads resurfaced. I'm not saying list cheap quaity stuff, because I'll pay for good quaity. I just think if I can save on this just by buying the same quaity stuff for a cheaper price, I can have some money left over and possibly can purchase an upgraded turbo or get a Compressor Wheel for mine right now.
Links to idems also explaining your self for the product would help me out, or telling me how far and how much more stuff I could purchase with 3,000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 12:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: If you were building my 6.0

I would not do the turbo wheel yet. Just clean yours. I would change coolant to CAT rated ELC and a coolant filter. I would also do crankcase vent mod of some sort.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 12:31 PM
JGman141

$2250 seems a little on the high side for all that, I guess it's like that for the convience factor. I would try to piece all of that together myself and see what the difference would be.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 PM
PSN Local

When I did my work I concentrated on the HG/studs first then made sure my heads were within spec, then checked all the other sensors/harnesses before I bought the other mod parts because heads/sensors can really add to the price. I also wanted a bullet proofed water pump but my fan clutch needed replacement to I spent 500 for that and had the OEM water pump reinstalled. I guess it all boils down to your budget. Like a previous poster said make sure your coolant is right and also that you have the upgraded oil cooler.

03 Excursion Ltd 4x4, ARP studs/HG, EGR deleted, K&N CAI, turbo back exhaust, 6.4L banjo bolts, blue spring, coolant filter, IDP tunes, SCT Livewire
07 F250 King Ranch 6.0L SB (for sale)
96 Regal 258 Commodore
08 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 AM
PSN Veteran

ARP Headstuds 425
Factory Ford Head Gaskets 150ea
Head Gasket Dowel Size? 18mm/20mm Dowel
Oil Rail Dummy Plugs 35
Valve Cover Gaskets 20
EDE EGR Delete Kit 295 lot cheaper options
Bulletproof Waterpump 350 buy oe ford 1/2 price
Include Updated Turbo Oil Drain and Supply Lines 120
Stc fitting 60
Blue Pressure Spring 65
Oil Pressure Switch 30
Overflow Bottle Cap 10
How are we at 2224?

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode