Livewire TS question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Livewire TS question

Quick question. Picked up an 05 F-350 the other day from some friends that has already had a ton of work done to it. It seems that once in a while the TS screen doesn't come on when you start the truck. Was wondering who else had this issue and if you had a fix. I had to change the program settings to get the egt probe to read also but seems to be reading very low. Thanks for the help. I'll post some pics before to long.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Livewire TS question

sct egt probes are prone to problems last I knew they discontinued for that reason. There are few shops that sell plug play egt kit for the ts that works well search ebay. As far as the screen retune truck to stock update the ts from sct website "should fix the boot issue" and reinstall. Also make sure egt probe is properly installed in manifold

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 12:51 AM
JGman141

I ran the livewire ts for awhile to monitor egts and used the sct probe, within 6 months it started to go crazy with the numbers. With stock turbo and injectors it said my crushing egts were 1100-1600 degrees . I switched to an autometer pyro 2 years ago and it's worked well with no issue.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yeah I'm thinking about some pillar gauges for boost, egt, and trans. It's pretty cool and came with the truck but that's why I love the regular gauges. Thanks for the help guys

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Cpattie

I just switched from the edge insight CTS to the livewire TS. I have put the ETG probe in yet, but I got one of the aftermarket ones. I seems like the LW has some room for improvement in the interface. It also seems like they have left space for addition features in the future.

I notices in the gauge section, you can swipe to the right and it has a blank screen that says it is for future use. Anyone know anything about this?

2005 CCSB 4X4 6.0 XLT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode