Brakes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Roofer man

Brakes

So I'm looking for some insight on the best most reasonable brakes you guys are running. I need new pads and rotors in the front and was curious what you have used and liked. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Eric

Re: Brakes

I searched around a long time because I wanted decent drilled and slotted rotors. I ended up buying them as a kit from BRAKE MOTIVE on ebay with ceramic pads (no dust or black rims) and they have been great and stop way better than stock. I was looking at another brand, cant remember the name, but they were way more expensive, and when I got the brake motive ones, they had the same casting marks and part number cast in them, so I got the same brakes for hundreds less. I know people talk about cracking rotors with drilled and slotted rotors but I don't tow very often but do drive hard, and they haven't warped, or cracked, and still have milling marks in the on the faces. The zinc coating they use holds up pretty good except to road salt. I painted the hats, and vanes on mine with caliper paint to keep them from rusting but the salt ruined the paint. still not rusty after a year, and great performance. when you stomp on them they bite hard. I drive an 05 and I think I paid around $350 for all four with pads and shipping.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Swamp trash...

OEM all the way..

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:19 PM
'05 Excursion

Most ambulances have Cryogenic treated OEM rotors. Makes a big difference

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Eric

Cryogenic treated rotors are great but, very expensive. I was giving a bang for buck option.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:34 PM
PSN Veteran

We sell lost of Powerslots, Cyro can be done for a small additional cost. PM me if I can hel[p.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator

just did my fronts yesterday 103,000 miles

i had brand new OEM rotors and pads ready to go thanks to sunrise ford

i will be dammed if the rotors were perfect I mean come on 103,00 i expected a lip or something I was bummed I paid for new rotors
the pads probably had another 3000 on them so perfect timing

i read to many people with issues on the high dollar stuff swapping back to stock

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM
'05 Excursion

Yah unlike what some people think drilling holes in a rotor does not give you the ability to stop on a dime but actually lengthens the stopping distance due to less friction surface available. Drilled rotors just help cool them during many repeated uses like on Porches and Corvettes, neither of which pull 10,000 lb trailers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Administrator

I hear you can't turn these fancy rotors either ??

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Swamp trash...

That's what I heard as well... I figured hell they lasted this long why not go OEM. Happy I did.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode