Programmer help please - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Programmer help please

Hi guys, I am looking to get Programmer, and need some feedback on what I should use. Would like to monitor Ficm volts, hpop psi, and fuel psi, also need one that will bypass my egr since its deleted. Would also like to know who does custom tunes and how does that work, (sorry new to programmers). I have heard the best bet is the sct livewire. any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks

05 F250, 6Spd, 4" turbo back Magnaflow Duals, No cat. No muffler, Egr delete, Intake, SCT X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Programmer help please

here's a starting place lol: https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...609&highlight=
there's another thread like this but i couldn't find it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 11:16 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

SCT programmer custom tunes from Drew and back road

JB

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Our Infinity or SCT Livewire would be my recommendation. We carry both, and you can check them out HERE.

Both will do monitoring, tuning, and read/clear codes. The Infinity is much more advanced as it comes loaded with a Ford Enhanced package which enables you to monitor about 330 different parameters. It also datalogs at a very high sampling speed, should you ever want/need to use that function.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or for more info.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys, @Flossyb-What is the advantage of custom tunes? and how do I contact Drew and backroad. Again sorry for the ignorance, just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks again

05 F250, 6Spd, 4" turbo back Magnaflow Duals, No cat. No muffler, Egr delete, Intake, SCT X4
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 AM
"Slap hands slap hands"

Drew will make custom tunes to exact spec of your truck. For example stock or aftermarket turbo, stock or aftermarket exhaust, stock head bolts or head studs ECT... In my opinion it's much better on your transmission and truck overall then a generic tune which are all pretty good on the SCT.
Back Road Performance!

JB
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

FlossyB- good stuff thanks for the help. I will get with back road performance.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

Anytime you won't be disappointed lets us know how you like your setup.

JB
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

just a quick question here have a chance to pick up a livewire 5015 currently for a mustang. Do they need to be loaded for a particular engine for (canned tunes, monitoring, etc....) getting this tuner or an x4 either way custom tunes are in order. Just was wondering if this would work or be better off with the x4 to start with. Thanks.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Administrator

it will work
make sure it is unlocked / not married

and i would update it when you get it but it will plug in and work with your truck wit the canned,preloaded tunes

then it will accept the custom tunes when you get them

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode