sct - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

sct

i loaded one of the stock sct tunes and now my truck will not start i put it back on stock and still want start anyone????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 05:22 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

Re: sct

Is this the first time you have used it?

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

no i have had it for 2 years but just get up there to change the tire and gears sizes just got 40' tires and 4.56 gears but now nothing

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 05:42 AM
"Slap hands slap hands"

Sound odd to me this is the first issue I have seen or read about SCT I would think it's something else especially if you returned it to stock and still won't start. I would check batteries, starter and alternator to start. I would also call SCT and have them help you trouble shoot.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i getting 1013 no stratesy
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 PM
PSN Veteran

does tuner have custom tune on it?

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yes but i just use xtm-street and want to get the gears and tires up dated thats it now i lorded the stock back on the truck and still wont start i guess the tow man is coming in the moring to take it to the dealership thanks sct
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

It could be as simple as an update that needs to happen. It's not unheard if for a custom tune to get written and a stratigy number get mixed up or software to look at something different because it needs to be updated. ALOT of us have used SCT products for sometime now, and very few issues have ever came up and I can't recall a one that warranted a trip to the stealership. It's usually something simple, do you have a copy of your stock tune saved someplace off the SCT device? If so I would move the tunes off, update and load your stock file and only that file to the tuner and try that.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i have not idea how to do any of that stuff sorry
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

Ok well SCT has pretty good customer service and can walk you through it. The dealership really isn't going to know what to do either except reload a stock file which if I remember right could change your stratigy number and make your custom tune invalid. Your kind of the exception, really none of us have had any issues with SCT or custom tunes that where made by reputable tuners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode