Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Astroc2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 150
Garage
Question Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask you all which performance program unit I should try and get. Mind you own a 2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 and I live in California (and they're stupid emissions laws) and I'm kinda limited on a lot of things I could do to my truck. First off the list of current upgrades: MBRP inc. 5" T409 Turbo Back with stock Cat exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake (Soon to swap out for a Volant Dual Ram intake with powercore filter), Philips Xenon Bi-Xenon 6000k H13 H.I.D. system, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD w/iPod adapter and steering wheel controls(Soon to be replaced due to a never ending short someone involving stereo and steering wheel controls), stock height Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires.

Second is future upgrades: Flex-a-Lite Electric fan w/Shroud, Possibly Mad TurboWerks MadMax Turbo upgrade, MBRP inc. Cat Delete Pipe, 6" Suspension Lift kit, ARP Headstuds, Possibly Fire Ring Gaskets by Elite Diesel, Transmission Rebuild/Performance Upgrade by Suncoast Transmission.

Now my question is which programmer to go with... Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude or Banks Six Gun Power IQ.. Which would you guys go with?

2005 F250 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke
Mods: MBRP 5" TB T409 Exhaust with Stock Catalytic Converter Pioneer AVH-4100NEX w/iPod & Android Connections Banks Intercooler System(Custom Coated) Deka 0/2 Gauge Battery Harness DC Power Red 190a HD Alternator Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Volant PowerCore Intake CCV Filter Kit Powerstop Z36 Calipers/Pads/Rotors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Astroc2002 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 01:24 AM
JGman141
 
Jgman141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 859
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroc2002 View Post
Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask you all which performance program unit I should try and get. Mind you own a 2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 and I live in California (and they're stupid emissions laws) and I'm kinda limited on a lot of things I could do to my truck. First off the list of current upgrades: MBRP inc. 5" T409 Turbo Back with stock Cat exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake (Soon to swap out for a Volant Dual Ram intake with powercore filter), Philips Xenon Bi-Xenon 6000k H13 H.I.D. system, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD w/iPod adapter and steering wheel controls(Soon to be replaced due to a never ending short someone involving stereo and steering wheel controls), stock height Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires.

Second is future upgrades: Flex-a-Lite Electric fan w/Shroud, Possibly Mad TurboWerks MadMax Turbo upgrade, MBRP inc. Cat Delete Pipe, 6" Suspension Lift kit, ARP Headstuds, Possibly Fire Ring Gaskets by Elite Diesel, Transmission Rebuild/Performance Upgrade by Suncoast Transmission.

Now my question is which programmer to go with... Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude or Banks Six Gun Power IQ.. Which would you guys go with?
Neither of those are what you want for your truck, you'll want a sct tuner with custom tunes.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jgman141 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Wyo
scouts out...
 
Wyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 246
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

I don't even know why those are options for a 6.0. I've had both, they are nowhere near the caliber of an SCT even without custom tunes. Spend the cash get an SCT with custom tunes and you will love it.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
Wyo is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 03:44 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 24
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Sct. It will smoke with a 5inch exhaust but not with a kitty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
batavia300 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 05:52 AM
"Slap hands slap hands"
 
FlossyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,488
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

SCT all the way I use a Edge CTS for monitoring only it works great. edge sucks for programming on 6.0 had one blow up on me it was a $hitty day and had a buddy who had issues with banks. Both banks and edge are shift on the fly and only trick the computer not a true full programmer like SCT which is much better for your transmission and has custom tunes built to your trucks specs.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FlossyB is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Astroc2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 150
Garage
Smile Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

OK... It appears SCT is the winner in all of this and Banks along with Edge are pieces of garbage for not being a true programmer. Tad at Elite Diesel told me with there custom 150hp tune through an SCT unit it shouldn't have any issues with emissions inspection as long as I revert the programmer back to stock setting. Is this a True or False..?

Because that's one programmer I wouldn't mind getting.

2005 F250 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke
Mods: MBRP 5" TB T409 Exhaust with Stock Catalytic Converter Pioneer AVH-4100NEX w/iPod & Android Connections Banks Intercooler System(Custom Coated) Deka 0/2 Gauge Battery Harness DC Power Red 190a HD Alternator Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Volant PowerCore Intake CCV Filter Kit Powerstop Z36 Calipers/Pads/Rotors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Astroc2002 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:08 PM
JGman141
 
Jgman141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 859
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroc2002 View Post
OK... It appears SCT is the winner in all of this and Banks along with Edge are pieces of garbage for not being a true programmer. Tad at Elite Diesel told me with there custom 150hp tune through an SCT unit it shouldn't have any issues with emissions inspection as long as I revert the programmer back to stock setting. Is this a True or False..?

Because that's one programmer I wouldn't mind getting.
This is a true statement but I'd go else where besides elite diesel for tuning, try drew at backroads performance. I'm currently running his raped ape tune and it's by far the strongest tune I've had.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jgman141 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Wyo
scouts out...
 
Wyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 246
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgman141 View Post
This is a true statement but I'd go else where besides elite diesel for tuning, try drew at backroads performance. I'm currently running his raped ape tune and it's by far the strongest tune I've had.
I don't have any experiance with elite diesel, But Drew with backroad performance is great. I got a tune from him and he has gone and tweeked things on it numbers of times to get it right(because im at 7,000 ft elevation) His tune right out of the gate was a night and day differance from the canned SCT tune. With some adjustments for my higher elevation this tune is awesome. His customer support is amazing. As long as you flash back to the stock tune before emissions testing then they should never know the difference, as far as monitoring goes I guess that's up to you. I'm not to into spending money twice so I got an SCT Livewire tuner/monitor and I can see pretty much anything I want with that so it works for me.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
Wyo is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 02:22 PM
PSN Local
 
Wheelhop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 218
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Just a reminder: make sure whoever does your programming knows that your running stock head bolts. They can tune for that and you'll be much happier in the long run, or until you get your ARP's in.
Wheelhop is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"
 
FlossyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,488
Re: Edge CTS Evolution or Banks Six Gun Power IQ?

Agree with what everyone said Drew is the man and with stock head bolts I wouldn't run anything above Drew economy/tow tune which is still solid. I really like it good torque and overall for stock head bolts.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FlossyB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome