Code poped up P0402 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Code poped up P0402

JUst poped up at lunch, although I just upgraded my intake and exhaust. 2 weeks ago I put my 4in down pipe, 5in turbo back, 8in tip center dunk over the axle. I had a airaid intake, I sold it adn swaped it out with a stock 2004 intake off another 6.0 powerstroke, w/ a like new filter. The next day I had 2 codes pop up with my intake flow/sensor. Heard it was becuase of my exhaust w/ no tuner. Well yesterday I recieved my S&B dry air intake and no codes poped up after I put this on yesterday night. Well, today at lunch after I warmed my truck up I turned it off becuase I had to go back inside for a last minute thing (didnt notice any codes then), 20mins later I came back out and turned it on again then started driving and my P0402 code poped up (Exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected) poped up. Heard it could be a sensor or my egr is ####ed.
I was waiting till I get a little more money till I order my elite diesel egr delete and headstuds with bullet proof water pump. But how do I know if its really messed up and can't go anymore till I delete my egr and everything? I know to check the egr valve and see if its cloged up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
PSN Local

Re: Code poped up P0402

Well pull your EGR valve and check for wetness and function of the piston section of the EGR valve, next you shine a light back and see if you see any moisture around your EGR. Have you been burning any coolant(recent refill or noticed it drop at all) Usually its pretty noticeable when you start seeing white steam/smoke coming from your exhaust. Good Luck and I hope its just an EGR, would recommend trying a Bulletproof Diesel EGR before going for a full delete.

2006 F250 6.0L Powerstroke (Sold)
1999 F350 7.3L XLT Bone Stock
112,000 Miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Why are Bulletproof egr and not a full delete?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 01:02 AM
PSN Local

You can take the egr valve out and if its plugged full of soot, try cleaning it out and running it for a while when its clean. See of the code goes away then.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 01:41 AM
PSN Local

Maintain your stock setup and not have to worry about fixing a leaking egr delete or worrying about your fan capability with your EGR unplugged/removed.

2006 F250 6.0L Powerstroke (Sold)
1999 F350 7.3L XLT Bone Stock
112,000 Miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 02:09 AM
whistle tits

There's a little bolt hole on the back of the cast intake elbow, and you can bolt the egr valve to it, and still keep it plugged in so you have proper fan clutch operation, and no c.e.l.

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode