Anyone done the High Idle Mod? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Anyone done the High Idle Mod?

Hey guys......
I want to do the High Idle Mod on my 04' 6.0. I think it would be a great feature to have, especially during coolant flushes.
I found the link and you tube video, however, my inquiry is.....
When looking for the White/blue striped wire, above the OBDII plug, I found that, it seems, one end was connected to the accelerator pedal electronic box and the other end seems to be connected somewhere up in the dash. To my understanding, from the video, one end of this wire is supposed to be open/not connected. Am I wrong about that? If so, would I just leave it be and splice into it to connect the switch?
Found the other wire just fine and it was not connected to anything so, no worries there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anyone done the High Idle Mod?

Plenty of write ups on it. Did mine about 10 years ago and can't remember wire colors and going out to look won't work because I'm color blind.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

Yeah read some write ups the info is there, I did men for our brutal winters and love it. Simple easy to do, hardest part was locating the wire bundle. If you're finding a single wire you're probably on the wrong one. I have done my truck and afew friends as well. You should find a bundle of wires that are blunt ended, that bundle is where you will find the wire your looking for. It's been my experience that you should be looking more above the parking brake in that area.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Swamp trash...

I did it, only really used it on coolant flushes. Works great. Hooked it up to my upfitters. Been a while, just like Wyo said it's with a group of wires that is blunt ended. Been a while so I can't remember...lol.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4◊4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Spooling

I just did this yesterday, really easy and glad I did. There are 2 different ways to achieve the high idle mod, just depends which better suites your needs. Anyways this is the best write up I found. I followed it to the tee, except I used a 3" wire and another butt connector (you'll understand after reading the write up). Check out the link
http://www.thedieselstop.com/content...%20High%20Idle

2006 F250 Lariat - 8" FabTech 4 link lift, FabTech 4.0 Dirt Logic front coilovers, Rear airbags, 37x13.50 Toyo M/T's, 20" XD wheels, Amp electronic running boards, 40 gallon fuel tank, Brake contoller, Airaid intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, (BCP) High Idle Mod, Coolant filter kit, Blue spring mod, SCT Livewire TS with tunes from Innovative Diesel.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Found the wiring I needed and completed the mod over the weekend. The wire, that was supposed to be 2" above the OBDII plug, ended up being farther up and more toward the center of the dash. Only got lucky in noticing it. In any case, Hooked to a lit rocker (drilling into the dash hurt) and ground out. Works Perfectly! I love it! Truck takes half the time to warm to NOTs in the morning and will be great for winter and coolant flushes. Now.....Memorial day weekend, Time to tear the motor down and replace problematic components before they become (more) problematic. Thanks for the input guys!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
, I did men for our brutal winters and love it. .

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post

I didn't even notice that until you reported. I'm guessing he didn't notice either....funny how one wrong letter makes an entire sentence mean something sooooo much different!

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Administrator

i laughed so hard I cried

i felt bad quoting it because spelling an punctuation aren't my strong point but dammit it was to funny not to share

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

Well ####. LoL

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode