Blue spring kit how long is it good for? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
"Slap hands slap hands"

Blue spring kit how long is it good for?

I replaced my blue spring kit 2 1/2 years ago how long are they good for before needing to be replaced again? I've been having some issues with my truck and am tempted to just replace this again to see if it's part of the issue. Cheap part so don't mind but wanted to see what others experience was with this for the record I replaced it with a good kit the first time not a cheapo off eBay with the wrong spring that I have seen others have issues with. Thanks for the thoughts and in site all.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Swamp trash...

Re: Blue spring kit how long is it good for?

I imagine it does lose some tension as it wears. Chased some PSI issues a while back and changed my out. Ford had updated mine a few years prior under warranty. I compared the two side by side and the old spring definitely had less tension than the new one. My problem turned out to be a failing HFCM. I have a Fuelab FPR on my counter right now though, as I am about ready to ditch the stock, dead headed system and that POS regulator in favor of a DIY regulated return. What issues are you experiencing?

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
"Slap hands slap hands"

It's listed on another post long story short injector 5 was replaced and showing low fuel under load. After replacing it the code came back up P0275 so now my mechanic and I are trouble shooting what it could be run a $hit load of test with no luck. Thinking of just replacing the blue spring kit again and possible FICM upgrade to 58V as well as checking all wires from FaiCam to that injector. This is the 3rd time I have replaced injector 5 in 2 1/2 years.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Swamp trash...

Yikes... P0275 huh? For some reason on my code list it isn't there, weird maybe my list isn't current. P0273 and P0274 are and related to 5 and they are related to circuit codes. It probably would be the circuit low code, as that would me something is shorting to ground which would possibly damage the spool valve coils. Circuit high means an open circuit. I think you are right with your thinking check the wiring for a short to ground. Maybe swap a known good FICM? How is your fuel pressure? Especially at WOT, that would only really effect the mechanical side of the injector though. I am so done with the stock fuel system it's such a POS.... sorry venting... left me stuck on the side of the road for a little while on Monday.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
"Slap hands slap hands"

The code is for injector 5 imbalance which was just replaced. Ya that's the plan to put good known ficm on and go from there with test. All other numbers and everything look good at idle driving moderately and WOT. My truck left me and 4 others stranded when all this happened 8 miles from the boat ramp with my boat behind me sucked pretty bad. Took 6 hours to get a tow truck there and to the mechanic shop. So we just started drinking . Thinking of replacing fuel system next with airdog seen a lot of good feedback on it.

JB
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 AM
Swamp trash...

Man I would of been drinking too. Yeah 99% sure the pickup in my fuel tank is broke. Ran out of fuel passing someone doing 70 on the on ramp to I95 on Monday. Coasted to flat ground and keyed up a bunch of times and tried to purge the air out. Limped to the gas station with 2 cyl contribution codes, I had a 1/4 of a tank when it happened. Purged the air out and all is good, but pissed me off and can't imagine what good it did for my injectors. A R/R and a sump and lift pump feeding the stock pump is in the works. I don't think I would buy any products from Pureflow after the horror stories I have heard about the airdog line. The stock fuel pump is really a good piece. There is a good write up on the ORG about plumbing a 6.4 lift pump in front of it, that would be the way I would probably go.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 44

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode