throwing codes help! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

throwing codes help!

just bought a 2006 f250 super duty 6.0 powerstroke..wrench light came on about 30 minutes of driving but i noticed at night it wont come on? throwing the following codes. 1 .c1145 speed wheel sensor rf input circuit failure...2.po263 cylinder 1 contribution balance...3.po276 cylinder 6 injector circuit low..4.same code again..5.po12f engine coolant temp,engine oil temp correlation..6. po263 cylinder 1 contribution balance...im new to the diesels please tell me what the heck is going on with my new truck? thanks guys for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 02:35 PM
PSN Local

Re: throwing codes help!

wheel speed sensor is exacty what it says find out what one is gone and replace it most likely the bearing is gone and causing that code as for your injector codes there could be a few differnet causes maybe your ficm is toast or you have some bad injectors number 6 throwing that code sounds like its not plugged in coolant temp and oil temp could be a bad oil cooler go buy a scan gauge 2 from advanced auto or somewhere else that sells them and start looking up diagnostics for your truck lots of youtube vids out there and lots of good info on this site too just do some reading

08 superduty 6.4 fx4 sct live wire 9625or edge evo monitor flow pro 5 inch downpipe back. Afe stage 2 cold air intake 35 inch mickys on 18 revolver rims. dpf delete ccv mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 TDI jetta . Strait piped runnin on B100 summertime and B50 in the winter.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Swamp trash...

Holy smokes! Do you have any way to monitor live data? I think the speed sensor code is ABS related.. might be a bad sensor. As for the contribution and circuit low codes, you need to check your FICM or wiring should be around 47-48 volts upon start up. Anything lower and its on its way out. Usually a "circuit low" means that something is shorting to ground. Check the harness and get an injector balance test maybe. As for the oil/temp codes, do you hear what sounds like a large fan coming on why driving? Your oil cooler might be clogging. Only way to know for sure is take a drive and watch the delta between oil temp and coolant temp. Anything above a 15° delta between the two and you need an oil cooler. Only way to know for sure is to get a monitor on it or get someone wit a diagnostic tool to take a ride with you. Sorry to hear about your troubles man. Hope this helps.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I appreciate all the info I am going to get a sct livewire monitor for starters and get the ficm upgraded as soon as my budget allows.can I keep driving my truck in this condition or am I going to ruin it? And I dont hear a fan motor noise when im driving. No performance issues at all truck runs great just the wrench light comes on only after extended time of driving in this brutal florida heat.never comes on any other time of day or night. Thanks for the input.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Swamp trash...

Whereabouts in Fl are you? I wouldn't keep driving the truck without getting it diagnosed.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i live in hernando beach,about an hour north of tampa florida
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Swamp trash...

Oh, I'm in West Palm, if you were closer I'd say come on by! Maybe somebody will know of a good shop around there.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Any one out there know of a mechanic near brooksville florida that can look at my truck?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Merc82 I bought a scan gauge 11 monitor hooked it up the truck is only throwing the po276 code now.which is hood I guess how do I monitor the engine coolant temo and engine oil temp ? What is a delta? Thanks for all ur help
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 PM
Swamp trash...

Sorry I missed this.. with your scan gauge hooked up take a ride on the highway. You need to monitor oil temp and coolant temp. Take a drive, unloaded and make sure the engine is fully warmed up. Cruise at like 70 mph for a bit and observe the delta or difference between the two temps anything above a 15° delta and you need to start thinking about replacing your oil cooler.

Chris. 06 LBCC XL 4×4

Studded and deleted
Oringed heads
S2 turbo
190/30 injectors
ported intake
amsoil bypass
PHP gryphon
SCT X3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode