Banks 6 gun? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Banks 6 gun?

Hey guys,
What do yall think about the Banks 6 Gun tuner for the 6.0? Any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 PM
PSN Local

Re: Banks 6 gun?

Waste of money. Go with SCT custom tunes... 500$ and it will change your life
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Will do. Thanks Farmer!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM
PSN Local

Anytime
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 03:48 AM
PSN Local

everybody talks down on them i bought my truck used and it already had one in it.. only down fall i have is not knowing what tunes mine are.. other then that i havent had bad luck but from the research ive done the sct was actually designed for the powerstroke motor... I plan on getting one myself.. just i have 4 kids so it sets me back some.. but as soon as i can im getting the sct..

2004 F350 DRW FX4 Banks Six Gun Tuner,Egr delete, Adrenaline pump, Banks air, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

The six gun might be a decent unit for most trucks. But for a 6.0 SCT is where it's at. I got mine and really liked it even the canned tunes, a buddy took me for a ride in his 6.0 with custom tunes and oh gawd that very day I went and purchased tunes for it. Seriously it will change your perspective on our trucks.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope102 View Post
everybody talks down on them i bought my truck used and it already had one in it.. only down fall i have is not knowing what tunes mine are.. other then that i havent had bad luck but from the research ive done the sct was actually designed for the powerstroke motor... I plan on getting one myself.. just i have 4 kids so it sets me back some.. but as soon as i can im getting the sct..
The Banks 6 gun does not take into account transmission parameters. It is not well suited for the 6.0. My truck also had the 6 gun when I bought it from the previous owner. Those shift on the fly programmers are notorious for killing the tranny's with the 6.0. Like what has been said. Get a SCT. You'll smile from ear to ear and your tranny will love you for it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 01:27 PM
PSN Local

Just thinking out loud here but doesnt the six gun trick the truck where the SCT actually reflashes it? I know the six gun is wired inline with the rest of the electronics and the the show Trucks did a install on a 6.0 and had good results but then again they got paid to put it on the truck. Hopefully someone can expand upon and explain how they work?

2003 F250 6.0, 4" on Pro Comp 35's, Twin Grand rock 6" mitre cuts set to 2" above cab, Dyno Mat cab, SCT X4, Blue spring, CCV mod, Delta tool box. And it is NEVER CLEAN

I dont walk this way because of the wounds I have suffered in the line of duty, but because my balls are just that big!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:28 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03fathead6.0 View Post
Just thinking out loud here but doesnt the six gun trick the truck where the SCT actually reflashes it? I know the six gun is wired inline with the rest of the electronics and the the show Trucks did a install on a 6.0 and had good results but then again they got paid to put it on the truck. Hopefully someone can expand upon and explain how they work?
They are shift on the fly like the Edge which is also terrible for the 6.0s and just trick the computer unlike SCT which reprograms the truck for the specific tune. I had major issues with Edge and my buddy had a 6.0 that blew HGs stock and after ARP head studs with the banks 6 gun that was enough for me to go with SCT and never turn back. Any shift on the fly programmer can't be as good as a full re flash and programming.

JB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 04:26 PM
PSN Local

I've changed my tuner 2 times since I've owned my truck and had no issues but I keep it on the same tune all the time it is very hard on my transmission but I've kept maintenence up on my transmission so hopefully it will all hold up til I ca. Afford to get and sct..

2004 F350 DRW FX4 Banks Six Gun Tuner,Egr delete, Adrenaline pump, Banks air, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode