Wheels and Tires - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Wheels and Tires

Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance on wheels and tires. I know I want to do 20" wheels, with an offset so my truck has good stance, with 35" tires. The problem is that since I have a 2004 F250 XL the tires rub on the leaf springs. I tried my buddy's Ballistic Off Road Jester wheels, which rubbed on the springs, but I can't remember if they were offset (it was a few months ago that I tried them). Assuming there was no offset, would the tires still rub on the springs if I got offset wheels?

Alternatively, can I convert my truck from leaf springs to coils? If so, what are my options? Just looking for some ideas! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

Re: Wheels and Tires

If you take it to a shop they can set you up with the correct back spacing needed, it's totally do able you just need the rims fitted for the truck.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Awesome that makes me feel better. I was worried that I'd be super limited on wheel selection.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

It was pretty limited several years ago, but now it's considered cool by a lot of people to have a jacked up truck with big rims. So because there is more of a demand now then there was lets say when your truck was bran new it's pretty easy to get 20" wheels with the correct spacing to avoid rub.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 PM
PursuitInterceptor

I think 4.5" of backspacing is the best look for the SD trucks. This will depend on the wheel width you buy. I run 20x8.5 w/4.5" BS which are just outside the wheel well just like I prefer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode