Next Mods? Suspension or Powwaaa? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Next Mods? Suspension or Powwaaa?

Hey everyone. I have an 03 2wd supercab.
I just decided to bite the bullet and get it bulletproofed.
I currently have the tuner, 4inch exhaust and gauges at the house ready for install. but what after that? looking to spend 1-2k but no more.

Im thinking since its 2wd i might need to invest into suspension to actually use my power.. traction bars, tires, LSD

OR

something to get me some more power? turbo? injectors? FICM tune? open to suggestions

or i could always go for some show since ill have a little bit of go... get rid of chrome fender flares get slightly larger silver ones, new grill to go with my harley head lights.

HELP! Thanks everyone.
Btw. i do have a boat i pull only an 18 footer and i dont pull it often if that makes a diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

Re: Next Mods? Suspension or Powwaaa?

I've always been one for modding my trucks, I usually do it in order of what the truck needs first as in what's been overlooked or neglected by previous owner, then comes reliability(bullet proof), then go mods like turbo and such, I have a 4x4 with LSD but if I didn't then I would consider an LSD and suspension parts as a go mod since if you can't put the power to the ground and go then there is no point. After all that comes the show mods, this is all subject to killer deals that may get me to install a show mod before or during a go mod. Like the deal I got on my stereo while I was in the middle of bullet proofing my rig.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Tuner, exhaust, and gauges are not making it "bulletproofed". Have you already done the "bulletproof" mods? Studs, EGR delete, etc? If not, I'd put my money towards that.

If you have, being a 2wd, I'd try to make it so I got the power to the ground. I have a 2wd DRW truck with a mild tune, and it'll easily blow the tires off if I go too heavy on the skinny pedal.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

lol im getting a lot of people asking what i mean by bullet proofed i guess there are many people that come in saying they are when they arent or something.
"bulletproofed" - studs, gaskets, machine work, egr delete, oil cooler, coolant filter, blue spring mod

thanks for the first hand experience with the 2wd! keeping that in mind suspension is looking good now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode