SCT or Bullydog - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

SCT or Bullydog

I'm new to the forum, asked a few times about Bullydog(I have a Triple Dog combo on an '04 6.0 w/K&N intake and 4" turbo back exhaust). I'm pretty convinced to go with the SCT. Can I use my Outlook monitor with the SCT? Where can I pick an SCT and where do I get the tune done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
PSN Newb

Re: SCT or Bullydog

U can use the outlook monitor, but i wouldnt reccomend it, i used my edge attitude monitor with my SCT and even with it turned to zero and the defuel off it still seemed to spool slower and not run as hard, and it would still defuel. This may be jus my problem that ive seen and noone else maybe experiencing it but i unplugged the edge and now jus run analog guages instead. I got my SCT from my buddy Newly with Underground Diesel Performance his number is (970)769-1679 he can get it custom tuned for you he has Tadd with Elite diesel do all of his Ford tuning. I am very happy with my setup.

05 scurs "It's stock... I promise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Sponsor

Yes the Outlook will work with the SCT. As for looking for an SCT, Tadd @ Elite Diesel, Eric @ Innovative Diesel, or DJ from DJ's Diesel Performance all can help you. They all to Custom Tuning and havent heard a Bad thing about any of them.

CenTexDiesel.com
Logan Schneider
830-885-6500

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 07:00 PM
lott is my daddy

ya Djs diesel is awesome..vivian is alot of help! tunes are great. You can even get their SCT livewire and not need your outlook....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
<----Colin Banks

I guy I work with just killed his engine with that same bullychit set up. It never had an issue until that went on. Too bad I did not know him them to warn him.

><>
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:18 PM
PSN Newb

I have the SCT live wire and the only complaint i have about it is that it has to be plugged into ur diagnostic port all the time and everytime u shut ur truck off u have to unplug it and then plug it back in and go through the whole menu again to start monitoring again, if there is a better way to monitor with it and u dont have to unplug it everytime and refresh it please let me know, cuz i dunno if im jus bein dumb and missed something in the instructions plus its quite large to be sittin in the windshield and i like to be a lil more discreat about my things, my $.02

05 scurs "It's stock... I promise
"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
All Talk, No Walk?

Send a message via AIM to RSieck

Just buy yourself a set of gauges. For a couple hundred bucks you can watch your engine way better than off a little monitor.

Early 99 PSD 4x4, Goerend Billet Tranny & Converter, GREEN

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

The folks Logan posted the the 3 best guys you need to talk to and no one else in my opinion alot guys deal with them. Most of them have the 6.0 and know alot about it as well.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM
lott is my daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05dieselshoebox View Post
I have the SCT live wire and the only complaint i have about it is that it has to be plugged into ur diagnostic port all the time and everytime u shut ur truck off u have to unplug it and then plug it back in and go through the whole menu again to start monitoring again, if there is a better way to monitor with it and u dont have to unplug it everytime and refresh it please let me know, cuz i dunno if im jus bein dumb and missed something in the instructions plus its quite large to be sittin in the windshield and i like to be a lil more discreat about my things, my $.02
ahhaha i was exactly where you are! i called vivian and found out if you push the wheel and hold it down it will turn off!!!!!!!!!!!

i moved mine from my window down to by me leg kinda..in the little sunglass holder.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
The Stig

Send a message via AIM to BFD99 Send a message via MSN to BFD99

get the Xcal 2 and some autometer guages. that's the way to go.

2006 Ram 5.9L 2wd Gogodiesel, Garmon's Diesel
2010 Dually 6.4L, Gogodiesel, KEM Tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode