2006 Van HP Uplift - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
The Mule

2006 Van HP Uplift

Alright, my brother has a 2006 van for his work truck with a 6.0. I knew the day would come and it happens to be today. He would like to do some light mods and get the van to pull a bit better. He is in HVAC and loaded down most of the time as well tows a trailer with evaporators and whatever it is he needs for his company.

I am thinking to tell him this:

1. Gauges, boost, pyro and trans
2. Larger intake, (what is good for a van?) I have a Tymar and don't think that will fit in there. I could retro my old afe stage I. Just a thought.
3. Four inch exhaust, (need help on what works in a van and what size downpipe?) What brand do you all like?
5. DP-Tuner tunes

That is it no more. What do you guys think? This is a work van. My brother is also a bit crazy and I don't want him running around with too much under his foot. He is scary at times. I will never let him drive my truck but he drools and wants a bit more power. I want to help him.

Thanks all.

Mike

1999.5 F250 PSD 4X4
1/8th mile 8.436 @80.21 mph, 1.848 60ft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 2006 Van HP Uplift

Go for it

06 F350 CC LB 4x4 with a few odds and ends
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Subject Matter Expert

I'd recommend Spartan tuning instead of DP tuner. It seems Jody's forte is the 7.3, and Matt at Spartan is just as good with the 6.0s as Jody is with the 7.3s.

Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to BogginF350 Send a message via Yahoo to BogginF350

If the van uses the standard donaldson filter dont touch it..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 01:19 AM
idk
PSN Local

A few years ago I checked into this because my friend had a little fleet of 6.0 vans, he chickened out because he started having alot of problems with them and they were in the dealer alot. if i remember correctly the van is only rated @ 220 hp so they start out behind the super dutys but what i was told at the time you could put a programer or SCT and be at the power levels of the super dutys, just a mild tune would probly run very good.
Roger

Y2K Excursion limtd 4X4 7.3
John Woods Trans with all the bells and wistles
Hypermax H2E/comp mod and Tapercore

Mini Me's and DI fuel system
Jody's tunes

13.75 @ 97 mph on #2

Leonidas AR10

" Made in China " is actually a warning label ! ! !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode