Stage 2 cam??????? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Cool Stage 2 cam???????

Currently torn down awaiting headstuds..... Have the following going into it, Elite diesel 155 injectors, garrett powermax, arp studs, have mbrp turbo back, banks intercooler, afe intake, 65psi fuel spring mod, FASS fuel system going in. My question is... has anybody tried out the stage 2 cam from DFC or Colt Cams and if so what were the results?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Stroke it B!tch

Re: Stage 2 cam???????

Sub'd I'd like to hear some more on the cam's but I do know that for a mild motor like what you have a stock is more than ok.

78 F-150 300 straight 6, 3 on the tree
03 F-250 6.0 Play toy
06 F-250 6.0 (general nightmare) 2.5 pulling truck
12 F-350 6.7 Tow rig

Gotta pay to play son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-250-Owner View Post
I know you said you wouldnt turn it up..... but come on.... its like saying "I promise I will only stick the tip in" never happens like that
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:10 PM
PSN Local

You can't just simply throw a cam into a motor, you would have to have a lot behind it to make it worth the money to start going behind it. I'm currently building a bottom end for a truck that's going to have one. But its also .40 over mahle pistons forged rods lifters push rods ported heads etc. Going to be a expensive long block

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for the input! Probably will stick with stock cam and invest the money elsewhere.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

My opinion is if you're going to spend $400-$500 on a stock cam, I'd most definitely pay $600 for a Stage 1 cam and not care if I got anymore power or not . JMO though.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 01:22 AM
PSN Veteran

never done just cam swap, only cams I have changed have been in full rebuilds. But if your looking at stage 2 cams keep in mind piston to valve clearance is tight may require cutting the pistons.

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise guy View Post
never done just cam swap, only cams I have changed have been in full rebuilds. But if your looking at stage 2 cams keep in mind piston to valve clearance is tight may require cutting the pistons.
I'm pretty sure anything from elite that is over a stage one requires pistons to be cut or the valves will hit. Which is an expensive additional cost to the cam itself.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph1188 View Post
I'm pretty sure anything from elite that is over a stage one requires pistons to be cut or the valves will hit. Which is an expensive additional cost to the cam itself.
Yep. the stage 2's I put in we used cut coated pistons

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode