Banks VS CTS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Banks VS CTS

Im new to the forum and a pround new owner of a 04 F250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.0L it has 150k on her and only has an MBRP Duel exhaust. But i was wanting to get some personal imputs on the CTS programmer/PDA Vs the banks autominde. My dad has an 02 F350 And he went with banks about 6 years ago, and i remember how bad A** it made his truck. now that i have my own truck im hearing that Banks is overpriced and or not as good as the CTS programmers/ PDA's. i know this question has been asked a million times but i would like to have some real world answers and comparisons between the two and why you picked the one you picked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Banks VS CTS

For performance get a SCT tunerand do a egr delete
for monitoring look in the 7.3 sections or use search function looking for "Torque App for Android". If you don't want own a Android smart ph CTS TO monitor.
Get the Blue Spring kit for your fpr. Thats fuel pressure regulator. Its on side of your fuel filtet housing. $74 from Ford, T25 Torx screw driver, and 30 minutes.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 AM
PSN Local

CTS for monitoring and SCT for tunning.

2006 CCSB 4x4 ARP studs, FCDP egr delete and coolant filter, SCT tuned by Innovative, 6.4 banjos, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Edge Insight CTS, Blue Spring Kit, 160amp alt with remote rectifier from Quick Start, Icon 2.5", toyo mt's

Made for work by Ford, Made for fun by FCDP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So how is that Hope and Change workin out for ya?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys, sence iv posted this iv done a lot of research and have decided on the edge juice/CTS programmer package. seems to be the best bang for my buck and a lot more parameters and gauges to monitor. Defanently going to do an EGR delete in the near future, and while im there going to do head studs. Can you explain in further detail about the Blue spring for the fuel pressure regulator? what it does and why to do it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM
PSN Veteran

You would be better off getting the SCT Livewire and then you have all you need. Get some custom tunes on it and have fun. The Edge is gonna fall into the same category as the Banks stuff and your trans will hate you.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Can u explain a little more JTGF250. they both look to be very similar in product, just looks like the CTS has a little more options.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM
the stryker god

edge juice is junk, get an insite cts with the sct with custom tunes
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 PM
PSN Local

If its not too late, rethink the Edge juice. I have it. I hate it! It was a big waste of money!!
The CTS portion is great to have, but the programmer is nothing but trouble.

The edge just piggy backs on your computer. The SCT and other programmers actually flash your computer. Piggy backing does nothing but cause problems.

If I had it to do over again, I'd do just like bruce51d said and get the CTS and an SCT tuner with custom tunes. About the same amount of money, but you will be SOOOOO much happier with the results.

**ALSO be VERY careful when running tunes with stock headbolts. If your truck is not studded, you need to get a tune that wont blow your H/Gs
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Its not too late I haven't got anything yet. and in that case i wont go with the edge. i also am thinking about just getting the SCT SF3 and just getting pillar gauges. i like the look of the actual pillar gauges and the SCT SF3 has all the same programming as the livewire just no touchscreen... Does anyone have pillar gauges?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Good ol boy

If your gonna go pillar gauges I would suggest passing on the trans temp gauge that's what most places will give you...EGT, boost and trans....instead go with EGT, boost and fuel pressure, fuel pressure is WAY more important that trans temp.

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Back Road Performance Tuned
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode