The debate.... Fass or AirdogII - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

The debate.... Fass or AirdogII

Now everyone has a different opinion on these two. Whats everyones favorites and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: The debate.... Fass or AirdogII

I don't like either company's unit that replaces the stock HFCM. I have an AD150 that is a left pump that feeds my A1000 and it's been rocking solid as a daily driver for over two years. I've even taken it on an 800 mile road trip as well with zero problems. I know of guys with the FASS lift pump units and have great success but I have not seen anyone have a high pressure unit hold up for more than a few months. If you're going for a pump for big injectors, I wouldn't touch anything but a Fuelab pump and a lift pump like the 150 air dog or 200 gph FASS. They do all the filtering and air removal and seem to do well in long term running. Of course Fuelab is also making a lift pump option now as well that is like the air dog and FASS. Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

Stay away from AirDog2 (DF-165 and DF-200) Im on my 8th pump and they are not warrantying them immediately like they are supposed to. I put a brand new pump on mine yesterday, and it gave up 30 miles down the road. They cant seem to fix their own product.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Good ol boy

Amen on the AD2, had mine for about a year and a half and this is number 4 pump for me...seems like the only pump worth a crap is the stock one, for anybody wanting to run an aftermarket pump I personally love the idea of running two pumps working with one another like Nate is running, air dog 150 working with the stock one and or a fass feeding the stocker, that way if one does decide to give way your not stranded.

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Back Road Performance Tuned
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 AM
PSN Veteran

my vote is for stock
neither fass or ad are reliable pumps
if you need a big pump I would probably go with fass titanium I have had better luck with them

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Nate, text me your setup. I gotta do something about my fuel issue I'm having asap.

I've always used Fass and never really had a problem with them, only ever used airdog on a couple cummins, and they haven't let out on them yet?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Good ol boy

The ones on the cummins haven failed because they don't require the kinda fuel psi that a 6.0 does, they work awesome if they are only asked to put out 15 psi

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Good ol boy

That's basically the whole problem with the air dog 2 setup, its the same setup as a 150 with a regulator on it controlling pressure and they just aren't capable of holding that kinda psi without overheating and dying on you. That's why u see numerous threads on bigger gauge wiring harnesses and air dog sayin they fixed the issue with this new "updated pump".... I've had 2 of those so called pumps I've went thru lol

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
JGman141

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 f350 View Post
That's basically the whole problem with the air dog 2 setup, its the same setup as a 150 with a regulator on it controlling pressure and they just aren't capable of holding that kinda psi without overheating and dying on you. That's why u see numerous threads on bigger gauge wiring harnesses and air dog sayin they fixed the issue with this new "updated pump".... I've had 2 of those so called pumps I've went thru lol
You've hit the nail on the head, they use the same motor in the airdog 100 and 150 as they do in the ad2. To get the extra pressure they put a stiffer regulator in it and increase the rpm of the motor the produce the pressure. I've done a lot of research and gone over this with a few buddies that are electrical engineers and they agree the pump is far to small for what it's being demanded to do. Pureflow needs to accept the fact that the ad2 for the powerstroke was a big fail and it needs to be corrected. But more than likely they will keep on advertising that it will support "800"hp and just keep on replacing the motors every few months because it's far easier for them

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

Exactly. Pureflow is the worst company I have ever dealt with. And a recommendation. Dont replace the DF-165 with the DF-200. I can guarantee it will fail within the first 40 miles.

sent from my smart car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode