Anything else I should do/check while cab is off for studs? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Anything else I should do/check while cab is off for studs?

I knew it was only a matter of time but I've been running the Extreme Street Innovative tune as my daily driven tune for about two months now and I believe my head gaskets finally bit the dust on me. It started spitting up a little coolant after a hard run about 2 weeks ago so I decided to go ahead and get everything done which was my intentions from day 1 anyhow.

The truck is in the shop right now getting ARP studs, gaskets, EGR Delete, New Oil Cooler, and I'm waiting to hear back on a price for the 58 volt FICM.
The FICM was an unexpected upgrade. I left my interior lights on 2 days before I brought it to the shop this week which drained the 5 year old batteries and I guess ultimately killed the factory FICM.

Anything else that I may want to think about checking/upgrading while the cab is off right now?

The truck is a 2007 F250 and only has MBRP 4" Turboback straight pipe with pyro, boost, and trans gauges. The rest is completely stock. It's my daily driver, don't town anything and i'd like to upgrade the injectors/turbo in the near future to make a little more power out of it.

2007 Ford F250 CCSB - Daily Driver
KC Turbo, WPE Manifold, Fuel System, Exhaust, Studded, Deleted.
670RWHP / 1153RWTQ-Fuel Only

2000 Ford Lightning SVT - Weekend Toy
Built Motor, Whipple , Heads, Cams, Fuel System, Exhaust, Suspension, Full interior with AC
10.9 @ 124mph on 18" DR's on Pump Gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:27 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anything else I should do/check while cab is off for studs?

Make sure they do all the updates on the engine HPO system. If you've got the cash throw some injectors in it while its apart. Make sure they have the heads checked and machined properly. Be sure to use OEM headgaskets.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anything else I should do/check while cab is off for studs?

before you dive in, check your blowby. pull the oil cap off and put a the lid back in loose.. if it bounces around ( not from the engine rattle ) but from the steam.. you have more problems.

Admin of BCCR

2007 f-350 CC/SB Lariat --SOLD--

2006 F-350 CC/SB Harley Davidson

- 205/100s
- Custom twin superduty pump fuel system W/ RR
- BW S366
- 4" exhaust to dual 5" tips
- air raid CAI
- 80k miles
- levelled, 35s
- Bulletproofed
- Gearhead tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode