SCT Unlock? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

SCT Unlock?

Ok I have confused the #### out of myself but if I'm reading it correctly on the SCT website so long as the original vehicle was returned to stock then the device is not locked right? What does it take to use on another truck if so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 AM
PSN Newb

Re: SCT Unlock?

I only know about the 3015 sf3, they come with 5 unlocks that means 5 different vins. That could be two trucks going back and forth or five different ones. You have to return to stock to use on a new truck because it is vin locked to whatever truck you're tuning now. The tuner will have 4 unlocks left after initial use you can return to stock and tune the same truck over and over and still have 4 unlocks left. If you run out of unlocks SCT will sell you a unlock for $150.00 but I think you have to send them the unit.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 12:20 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: SCT Unlock?

The original truck needs to be returned to stock. This will "unmarry" the tuner and allow it to be used on another truck. When you use it on a different truck the device counts down one unlock. SCT sets the device with 5 unlocks. EVERY time you switch VINs you will use an "unlock". It will not store a VIN and allow you to switch back and forth. It will use an "unlock" every time you switch truck to truck.

As long as you use the same truck it will not count down the "unlocks".

Examples: I use the SCT on my it will show 5 unlocks and "married" when the SCT has loaded a tune. I can go to stock or any tune without worry. I return my truck to stock and sell the SCT to my friend. Once he tunes his truck it will show 4 unlocks and "married". No issues swapping tunes, going to stock. It will show 4 unlocks. He returns the truck back to stock and sells it back to me. When I tune my truck it will show 3 unlocks and "married" to my truck.

In the end once the SCT has been used 5 different times you need to send it to SCT for the 5 unlocks to be reset at a cost of $150.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode