DIY regulated return - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
D66stroke

DIY regulated return

I've searched and couldn't find what I wanted, but does anybody have a list of every part I need to make a reg. return? It seems pretty simple and looks like it could be made for 1/4 - 1/2 the price of a vendors kit. Not looking to replace every fuel line, just open the back of the heads and delete the fuel bowl. Thanks

97 F-250, 300/100's, e-fuel, Gearhead tunes, Stokers Unlimited stage 3 trans and T4 mount, s366, ARP studs, Comp 910's, Smith Bros PR's

09 Cadillac CTS-V, long tubes/Xpipe, Jeremy Formato tuned, ID850's, 2.38 upper pulley, NorCal icebox, Hennessy heat exchanger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 12:54 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: DIY regulated return

I did my searching back ago to find the only hang up was the OEM regulator block. I figured at that point I was 1/2 the "retail" cost of an RR.

What parts do you need??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
D66stroke

I'm just looking for part numbers for fittings, braided line, regulator, etc. Like I said I'm just looking to open the heads and possibly delete the fuel bowl due to that regulator block. The guy on here named Miller says every kit he's seen on trucks bypassed the regulator and just cut the entire fuel bowl off for more room in the bay. He said he's never seen a kit with that regulator block. Maybe he'll chime in.

97 F-250, 300/100's, e-fuel, Gearhead tunes, Stokers Unlimited stage 3 trans and T4 mount, s366, ARP studs, Comp 910's, Smith Bros PR's

09 Cadillac CTS-V, long tubes/Xpipe, Jeremy Formato tuned, ID850's, 2.38 upper pulley, NorCal icebox, Hennessy heat exchanger

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
D66stroke

miller45103 is his name. Would be nice if you could tag people like on Facebook

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:25 PM
PSN Veteran

You do not want to delete the top filter, unless you install a 2 micron or better filter!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Strokin Roughneck

Send a message via Yahoo to txdieselmech84

Ah thats from the thread where I was asking about a reg return...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 11:41 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Some kits have custom pieces made for the return side of the OEM stuff. Some just feed the heads from both sides. If you need parts suggestions try using the search function.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
D66stroke

I've been there and done that, the only thing I could find were pictures of installs. I wanted a list of parts to make a regulated return to plum into my OEM stuff, and like I said the regulator block would be the only issue, but I've been told people completely bypass the fuel bowl because of that. And yes, that piece only comes in driven diesels kit, sinister, etc.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Jeg's and Summit should have most of what you are looking for in parts. The diesel rated fuel line was the most difficult for me to find. I used Google and finally found the right places and parts. In the end you need to decide if using the block off is worth it or just feed them from the front and rear with a solid unit providing the right pressure.

You dig.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 05:33 PM
PSN Veteran

On my current build, I am upping the line size, using one fuel bowl port to feed the front of the heads and the second fuel port to feed the back of the heads. I'm in California and you must smog every 2 years. Modification on the fuel system is not allowed, so I have to do a nice, clean job to get it past the smog techs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode