Turbo Upgrade Info. Needed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Garage
Lightbulb Turbo Upgrade Info. Needed

I'm thinking of upgrading the stock turbo to a performance turbo while maintaining the stock fuel injectors and reconfiguring the computer with a Banks Six Gun or a Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude (granted if Edge ever gets an Executive Order in California for that system).. Now my question is semi technical though I trust I'll get a lot of great responses in my quest to making a smog legal Performance Powerstroke. Incase some are confused as to why I wanted to make sure my truck is still smog legal it's because I live in Santa Cruz, California. Yeah I know it royally sucks to smog my truck and the state just had to start doing that the year I got my truck. ARGH!!!!

Anyways back on to the question.. Will I be able to run an Industrial Injection Hybrid Stage 1 or a Powermaxx Turbo while utilizing the stock injectors and not trip any of the emissions sensors causing my truck to be deemed no longer legal?

Further more I've heard of this company called Bigg Dogg Diesel through powerstrokehelp's youtube video which I'll post a link to it shortly, but apparently they make a 59mm turbo and stated that you have the option of doing or not doing fuel injector upgrades.

If you guys can help me out here let me know which turbo would be my best bet let me know.

The current Upgrades Done to my truck are:

K&N Cold Air Intake (planning on getting rid of and getting a Volant Dual Ram System with Powercore Filter)

M.B.R.P. Inc. 5" T409 SS Exhaust aft of Catalytic Converter with T409 SS Downpipe (still using stock Cat, eventually going to get a delete pipe and keep cat only for smogging)

Philips Xenon Bi-Xenon (High and Low Beams) H.I.D. System

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Stereo with iPod Connection

Future Upgrades:

Banks Techni-Cooler Intercooler with Pipes and High-Ram Intake

Either Banks Six Gun iQ or Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude

Fuel Regulated Return

Fass Platinum 150gph Pump

Sump Pump Kit for Fuel Tank

Coolant Filtration Kit

Mishimoto Radiator or Custom Polished Aluminum 3 or 4 core radiator

Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans

Possible Stage 1 Port Polish job to exhaust valves

Performance Up-Pipes

Oil Cooler upgrade by Bulletproofdiesel.com

EGR Cooler Upgrade by Bulletproofdiesel.com

6" Rize Suspension Lift Kit with either 20" RBP 95R (not sure what type of tires to go with as of yet)

Stage 3 5R110 Transmission by ATS Diesel

Focal Componant Speakers & JL Audio Subwoofer & Overhead HD Screen (for backseat viewing

Fusion Bumpers Front/Rear

Rigid Industries LED Lights

2005 F250 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke
Mods: MBRP 5" TB T409 Exhaust with Stock Catalytic Converter Pioneer AVH-4100NEX w/iPod & Android Connections Banks Intercooler System(Custom Coated) Deka 0/2 Gauge Battery Harness DC Power Red 190a HD Alternator Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Volant PowerCore Intake CCV Filter Kit Powerstop Z36 Calipers/Pads/Rotors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Turbo Upgrade Info. Needed

Forget the Fass fuel set up. Get a full regulated return set up and duel stock pumps or aftermarket one PROVEN to last.

Mishomoto. Radiators have a lot of reports on this forum and PSA OF leakage.

ATS rarely stands behind the warranty. Call Dark Horse Diesel.....

Forget Bank's or Edge.....custom tunes.....As well as ficm tune.

Turbo.....hands down one from MTW....Mad Turbo Werks!!!!

Every truck with their turbo killed it over the weekend at DynoProven dyno event.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

DONT, I repeat, DONT get anything from BiggDogg or PowerstrokeHelp. He overcharges people out the a$$ for items that he claims are HUGE upgrades. Save yourself some money and sanity.

Sent from my Smart Car

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45103 View Post
DONT, I repeat, DONT get anything from BiggDogg or PowerstrokeHelp. He overcharges people out the a$$ for items that he claims are HUGE upgrades. Save yourself some money and sanity.

Sent from my Smart Car
X2 he is ridiculous.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 07:31 PM
JGman141

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45103 View Post

Sent from my Smart Car
So true

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
PursuitInterceptor

MTW...is ...well....."restructuring" as one could say although it's more like people leaving due to the owner lacking morals. It might not be in your best interests to conduct business elsewhere.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 02:31 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
MTW...is ...well....."restructuring" as one could say although it's more like people leaving due to the owner lacking morals. It might not be in your best interests to conduct business elsewhere.
Please expand on this.....I met the owner Adrian and his son Matt 6 days ago. Several of their VERY happy customers were there.....laying down big numbers. They helped several guys wrench in the parking lot, not to mention answered many questions.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledDogg View Post
Please expand on this.....I met the owner Adrian and his son Matt 6 days ago. Several of their VERY happy customers were there.....laying down big numbers. They helped several guys wrench in the parking lot, not to mention answered many questions.
Some people on this forum and I can count one person in particular. Really like to bash adrian. @

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Some people just can't handle the truth.....

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0...98-so-mtw.html

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM
PSN Veteran

I Read a little of that thread. It's all B.S. heavy......
A lot of vendors and others have two accounts. I have no issue with that so long as used properly (not selling crap or scamming buyers).
If things were so bad why was Matt Wilbur excited over everything happening last Saturday? He was interacting with Adrian during the dyno event. He was all excited around 4 pm as orders were coming in.....He was showing Adrian on his phone.
I've seen many companies get started by one person like say Adrian....but said person wasn't up for the modern way of business (email, internet, forums, etc) so they hired someone.
So often this person then leaves to start their own business instantly making trash claims against the other.

None of us know what happened behind the scenes. But from what I saw it just seems suspicious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode