Gauges & moniter? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Gauges & moniter?

I'm fixing to take my banks out and change to an sct. My question is what's better for the money and most recommend? A pod with 3-4 gauges or a moniter screen? If so which one? I'm looking at a live wire moniter, but not sure what the best is or what's most recomended? Mainly and mostly daily driver but also tow about 1-2 times a month..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM
JGman141

Re: Gauges & moniter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope102 View Post
I'm fixing to take my banks out and change to an sct. My question is what's better for the money and most recommend? A pod with 3-4 gauges or a moniter screen? If so which one? I'm looking at a live wire moniter, but not sure what the best is or what's most recomended? Mainly and mostly daily driver but also tow about 1-2 times a month..
It's really a personal preference to what style you like. I ran the livewire for awhile and switched over to a pillar set up and love it. The edge cs or cts will be able to monitor every parameter that you want, but like I said its a personal preference. I personally don't miss having my driver side corner blocked by a screen.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM
PSN Veteran

certainly as said above, all personal preference. If you are looking for the best money option, monitors are much more versatile. The edge monitors are great with the expandable cables that allow you to monitor things like egts, boost, fuel, oil ect...gauges your limited to the 3 or 4 gauges you purchase...that being said, I run a triple pod with a monitor.

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 02:32 PM
PSN Local

^^^^^^ Thats exactly right. The gauges are good but limited. With an good monitor, you can change around what your showing on the screen, depending on what your needs at that time are. For example what you want to be watching could be different when your towing a heavy load up a grade versus just tooling down the highway.
I have the Edge cts and think its a great investment.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I just read and watched a video on edge cya that has me really wanting one now... I'm assuming have to buy all probes and cables or does it plug in to the port?

2004 F350 DRW FX4 Banks Six Gun Tuner,Egr delete, Adrenaline pump, Banks air, 4 inch straight pipe exhaust
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope102 View Post
I just read and watched a video on edge cya that has me really wanting one now... I'm assuming have to buy all probes and cables or does it plug in to the port?
typically you can pick up a CTS monitor for 399, and looks like the starter cable with the pyro with it for 125, that will give you a descent start on gauges with the monitor, the monitor plugs into the OBD for coolant, oil, boost ect readings..

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 PM
PSN Veteran

I prefer real gauges...Isspro's. and senders for accurate info vs getting the info using the OBD port. You can add senders to a SCT but it gets pricey. Either way we sell both if I can help please PM me.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

I run CTS it's great especially with being able to monitor EGTs and everything and adjust what gauges your watching at any time. I prefer this this over all others.

JB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode