Quick injector question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Quick injector question

Is it necessary to teardown a stock injector to replace the O-rings or is it ok to "roll" the new ones on? I need to re- install them today and after reading on some of the other o-rings (stand pipes) I'm wanting to make sure sliding them over the injector won't stretch out the rings

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Banned

Re: Quick injector question

Just lube them up with grease and you will be fine. Make sure you dont put any in the solenoid opening on top though.
The nice thing about grease is that it holds up better then oil, but diesel can also cut through it.

Sent from my Smart Car
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45103 View Post
Just lube them up with grease and you will be fine. Make sure you dont put any in the solenoid opening on top though.
The nice thing about grease is that it holds up better then oil, but diesel can also cut through it.

Sent from my Smart Car
Sorry just wanna make sure I get it right. You're saying it's ok to slide the new orings I without disassembly as long as I grease the orings first? Should I use assembly lube to grease them?

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Banned

Yep.
Taking the injector apart won't help anyways.
You can use any type of grease as long as its clean. Putting the oring on the injector isn't the problem. Its when you slide the injector into the cup/head. That's when you risk gouging the oring the most. All you are doing is making sure it can slide smoothly.

Sent from my Smart Car
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Ok. Thanks bud. Heads going back in tonite!

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode