Newbie Alert Everyone RUN! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Newbie Alert Everyone RUN!

Hey guys I just purchased my first diesel I picked up a 2006 f350 Lariat 4x4 CCSB with 140K miles never chipped just Turbo back exhaust and AFE intake and Fabtech 6" lift. My last truck was a Nissan Titan that I put a blower on and had two pistons come apart on the dyno when I started playing with pulleys and bumped the boost up and added water meth.

When I took it home the truck needed tires and at the time when looking at the truck I thought it had a power steering leak and the steering was sloppy so I made deal with the previous owner and took the truck home.

Turned out once I got it home and inspected the truck further the leak was fuel from the top fuel filter from the fuel regulator spring so I picked up a blue spring fuel regulator kit and replaced the leaky O-ring and no more leaks. I also tightened the steering box adjustment by turning it in until it got tight and then back 1-1/2 turns so it doesn't tear up the gears in the box and it helped a little but it is still a little sloppy so I will be looking into a red head steering box replacement. For tires my friend had Bfgoodrich Allterains that only had about 5K miles on them for 300 bucks so its almost ready to go.
tonight I also changed the oil with Rotella T6 synthetic..

For this truck I just ordered a River City EGR delete, OEM oil cooler kit, sinister Diesel coolant filter, OEM intake gaskets, OEM exhaust gaskets, Turbo bolts, OEM head gaskets, ARP head studs, and SCT tuner that I would like to throw innovative diesel Extreme X tune from Eric.

Well sorry for the marathon post but let me know if I am headed in the right direction to get this truck running right and not have to worry.

Here are a couple photos as well of the truck I have only had it a few days so I will try and take more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.aspx 2.jpg (10.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.aspx.jpg (9.6 KB, 37 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 09:03 AM
JGman141

Re: Newbie Alert Everyone RUN!

Looks like a decent list to me

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgman141 View Post
Looks like a decent list to me
Except for innovative lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer711 View Post
Except for innovative lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well I am open to suggestions.. Which tune would you recommend? I briefly read through and sounded like the majority liked Eric's tunes.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 PM
PursuitInterceptor

At least you are not asking about a lope tune (and I suggest you don't) ..........LMAO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
JGman141

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
At least you are not asking about a lope tune (and I suggest you don't) ..........LMAO

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
I do not want a lope tune it seems pointless and I don't like the sound. But any other tunes to look into or reasons those tunes are so bad? Or just personal opinion and like something else? I have never ran any tune on this truck so I can only go by what I have read online which is not very accurate most of the time.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Call drew at back road performance get the raped ape tune

Pmax & batmowheel
Banks technicooler
Arp's
Warren 175/75's
Fass titanium 125 w/ sump
Volant intake
5" mrbp turbo back 6" tip
Reg. return w/6.4 banjos and oil and coolant filter
Sct itsx on iPad w/ Drew's tunes
Idp ficm tune
Snow water/meth
Empty bank account
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dstorm View Post
Call drew at back road performance get the raped ape tune
Found a thread on that tune and it looks good from all the reviews online. You just got it at the end of January?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 09:40 PM
PSN Local

What is wrong with Innovative tunes?

2016 F550 6.7 9' Dump work truck

2006 F350 6.0 Auto 95k miles. Sct programmer. 5 inch exhaust. Blue spring mod. Suspension mods and 35's.

1997 F350 7.3 Reg cab. Exhaust, coolant filter, front 2.25 PMF Rsk with Superduty Leafs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode