CCV Mod and intercooler question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

CCV Mod and intercooler question

I am putting my truck back together tomorrow and am going to so the CCV mod along the way. I'd like to see a couple pics of what y'all did with fittings and routing close to the vent.
Also wondering if I should try to clean my intercooler? Got 165k on it and I kinda baby the truck too much so I'm afraid the IC might be a little oily.
Thanks!

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM
whistle tits

Re: CCV Mod and intercooler question

Unless you have a bad turbo seal, I wouldn't worry about cleaning the I/c. If you baby the truck like you say you do, I'd be more inclined to clean the turbo vanes

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
local idiot

how much oil is too much oil on the compressor side of the turbo?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 03:22 PM
whistle tits

you really cannot judge anything is wrong just by taking off the intake boot and looking in the compressor housing. you need to check for shaft play, see if your truck is "using" oil, etc...

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

My turbo has been completely cleaned and it's in good shape. Was more worried about the lack of driving it hard. The truck is an hour away from me in a barn. I need to just get out there and check out the IC. Got to looking for info on the CCV and with the lack of boost I've been putting through it I'm worried about the IC being dirty.

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:04 PM
whistle tits

like i said, unless your turbo is leaking oil past the compressor side seal, you dont need to worry. intercoolers dont get dirty. and stop taking it easy on your truck all the time, they need to be got on time to time, if not all the time lol

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghohouston View Post
like i said, unless your turbo is leaking oil past the compressor side seal, you dont need to worry. intercoolers dont get dirty. and stop taking it easy on your truck all the time, they need to be got on time to time, if not all the time lol
Yep. That's what I'm learning. Been running tuned for about 90k miles. Was WAY to easy on it trying to mind the head gaskets wo studs. I should've run it stock and wide open! Any way, HGs shouldn't be a problem any more!

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Anybody got pics ov their CCV mod at the vent? Just looking for different routing ideas. I'm running it to the atmosphere and the threads I've found with pics are more concerned with catch cans than a clean install at the vent.

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Good ol boy

I don't have any pics but I just bought a long heater hose from lowes and used a hose clamp, route it thru the engine out the bottom towards the rear of the truck otherwise you'll wish you did because it smells awful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Studded and Deleted
5 inch axle dump
Back Road Performance Tuned
Barder Stage 2
58v IDP Ficm tune
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
PSN Local

Turn the entire dog house around with the fitting coming up then down and run a 1" I.D. hose down and along the Frame Rail about 12' gets it back enough but i wished i'd have ran it to the passenger side. It really is only an issue when dealing with drive thru windows, exiting down and right before the rear tire. inside the rail.

I'll take a pic of mine tonight for you...

Denny

2005 CC SB 147K
MTW MaDmAx 66mm VGT
Warren Diesel 175/75's & Jess' Race Tune
VXCF9CA TQCI1NB
SCT A101706100004F6C
VIN FTSW21P65EB08535
ARP's - MBRP T-Back Kitty Del.
ICON 6.5"
Mickey T's ATZ P3 37's
METHOD Racing Wheels 20x
SG II
Bltprf EGR Del. & Ext. Filter
ELC & Sin. Coolant Filter
AMP Steps & ARE Cover W/ Bed Slide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode