Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tuner, intake, exhaust.

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
I have a stock 05 F-350; extended cab short box and I am looking at tuners, intakes and exhaust.. i would like some suggestions on what the PSN recommends; and instead of buying seperately what do people think of the Banks; bully dog etc packages that include them?

#6 ·
SCT is the only way to go, but make sure and get custom files for it. I have the SCT live wire tuned by tadd at elite diesel and i love it, ive heard good things about innovative, dj and elite but i opted for elite tunes because theyre so close to me and they have a great customer service, i ordered my 3 tunes in the a.m. and had em in my email by noon and installed em during my lunch hour, best $150 ive spent. I have magnaflow exhaust without the cat and i really like it, i also have heard the mbrp and it sounds great also, as for intake i have the K&N fipk i dont have any complaints but kinda wished i would have tried a few more b4 i jus jumped into the K&N my buddy has the afe pg7 with the battery tray and its definately a nice intake. thats my $.02

#7 ·
I'm not on too tight of a budget but I am only 19.. so I would prefer not to spend too too much.. The tuners I have been looking at (Edge A2, with the monitor; and the Quadzilla Xzillaraider with the monitor as well) so how much better is the SCT than either one of those?

#8 ·
I had the edge platinum with the attitude monitor b4 i got my SCT and it doesnt even compare. The SCT with the custom tunes in it blows the edge out of the water. I have a buddy that had the edge juice with the hot tune and the edge evolution stacked and my SCT pulls away from him and hes in a truck and im in an excursion. I also have a vid of me racing an lbz duramax with intake, exhaust and a crazy larry tune, and all i had was intake (K&N FIPK) exhaust (magnaflow) and elite custom tuned SCT livewire. Ill se if i can post the vid. Oh and by the way the edge is for sale but id still reccomend the SCT.

#9 ·
SCT w/ custom tunes as stated above. But make sure u get the x-cal III it is the latest and greatest, u can data log on it. Intakes I'm a strong believer in afe stage IIs. The new pro-dry is nice, easy to clean and is oil-less. As for exhaust u really cant go wrong with either mbrp or magna flow, but get a turbo back with cat delete!

#14 ·
I'm curious if you'll get the CEL with this tuner?? I've had a hypertech, Diablosport and now Edge Juice w/A and my light is always comin on whenever I get on it

#13 ·
Listen to what these guys are saying. SCT for the 6.0 is hands down the best. Iairaid intake, and exhaust. I would shy away from the MBRP though. Lots of guys are having hangers pull out of them. I am one of them. Grand rock, or Silverline if I were to do it again.

#18 ·
Gotta love the silverline duals with 6 inch tips..... And an SCT Tuned by Doug or/and DJ, and an Airraid Intake and a nice 3 gauge pillar pod with some autometer gauges in it.

#20 ·
Mbrp is good exhaust had it on my 7.3 loved it not one problem had the truck for almost 2years,now ive got the 6.0 with mbrp love it but the 7.3 had the stainless kit my 6.0 has just the alumin kit

#21 ·
I just put the Magnaflow duals on my 6.0 and it sounds great. Nice and quiet at cruise but it really barks once you put your foot into it. SCT XCal3, forget the Livewire, it's a rip. There are a bunch of good tuners available but you can't go wrong with DJ or Eric. I like the Airaid or the S&B with the zoodad mod. After I put the full 4" turbo back on it now sounds like the Airaid could suck you right through the grill lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.