Planning some small upgrades and have some questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Planning some small upgrades and have some questions

I have a 05' w/ SCT from DP Tuner and Innovative,exaust, air filter, and heads studs. I am planning on doing some 180-190cc injectors from Bean and his turbo upgrade and EGR delete. What kind of power can I exspect from this w/ some good tuning? and how long before the tranny takes a dump? and are there any other things to look into, such as and intake elbow and stuff? And when the tranny takes a dump who has a proven tranny for the 6L Woods,BTS, Suncoast?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Sponsor

Re: Planning some small upgrades and have some questions

You need to talk to UNBROKEN he had the same setup

CenTexDiesel.com
Logan Schneider
830-885-6500
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Bigfoot is an OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
I have a 05' w/ SCT from DP Tuner and Innovative,exaust, air filter, and heads studs. I am planning on doing some 180-190cc injectors from Bean and his turbo upgrade and EGR delete. What kind of power can I exspect from this w/ some good tuning? and how long before the tranny takes a dump? and are there any other things to look into, such as and intake elbow and stuff? And when the tranny takes a dump who has a proven tranny for the 6L Woods,BTS, Suncoast?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Suncoast requires you to use their programming. Anything else will void their warranty. I've heard horror stories about getting a trans warrantied with even an otherwise stock truck.

BTS has a simple policy: If you break in in 2 years with reasonable maintenance, we'll fix it. Truck pulls, fine. Drag racing, fine. Other programming, fine.
If you do a large HP upgrade, he does want you to bring it back and let him re-tune it, or take it to a shop that he recommends to have the re-tune done.

I've only heard good about John Wood's transmissions.

Go ARMY!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Hopefully he will reply here, I hope that is not the set up that windowed his block I wanna keep this truck mostly reliable but fun too. My 7.3 project got WAT outta hand on mods.

Jeremy

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
PSN Local

Last time i talked to BTS they dont have a 5r110 yet, and john woods hasnt returned any of my e-mail i sent to him about building my trans, i sent him about 6 of them in about a 6 month period, so i just stopped.
My 03 has a suncoast in it and its running fine.

For Sale!!!
97 ford f-350 pulling truck
trans by RacerX at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For Sale!!!
03 F-250 XLT S/C Shortbox fully built by elite diesel
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I think BTS has them ,I belive Bean has installed some BTS 5R's. I am hopeing to get away w/ just a pusher pump for a fuel system for now but we'll see.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzys69 View Post
Last time i talked to BTS they dont have a 5r110 yet, and john woods hasnt returned any of my e-mail i sent to him about building my trans, i sent him about 6 of them in about a 6 month period, so i just stopped.
My 03 has a suncoast in it and its running fine.
Since JW built the tranny for stroked lightening I think he knows how to build them for the 6.0

I dont think John Wood even checks his emails with that email account.

The best thing to do is give him a call he is really busy but if you call ahead of time he can schedule you in within a week or 2 maybe less

Here is his # (760) 356-9421

-
Andrew

2000 F250 EX LB 4x4 XLT
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Sponsor

BTS does offer the 5Rs. Do not have one bad thing to say about them. We broke one in houston, sent it back turned out we killed a planitary gear, stuck third. But Brian had some stuff built and changed and had us a tranny in 3 days. The shifts are incredible with Elites tunes.

CenTexDiesel.com
Logan Schneider
830-885-6500
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Well the stix, turbo, and stuff should be in today and hopefully Eric at Innovative gets my tunes emailed to me and I'll be headed back home and maybe hit the track this weekend or next week.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Well got the truck done and it runs great!! Thanks Beaner!! The BDP guys did a a heck of a job getting me in and out this week. The truck runs strong but I feel a tranny will be in my near future although the tunes from Eric seem to have helped the tranny 3rd gear shift, so maybe it will last alittle while. my over head has been right on in the past for fuel milage and hope it is right on still because I have picked up 2 MPG if it is still right I will do some more riding around and calculate by hand to see if it is still right.

Just wanted to give Bean, Cass and the rest of the BDP guys some props for the quick good work!!

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode