Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gauges Installed In Dash, Lots o' Pics!

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  John_DeereGreen 
#1 ·
Well, I finally settled on the ISSPRO EV2 gauges; pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. I installed the pyro gauge in a single gauge pod under the pillar handle. Fuel pressure and boost went in the dash on either side of the steering column. Below are pics and descriptions. I'm really pleased with how the dash gauges turned out, definitely better than I expected.

First off, I used some mesh cable sleeving to make the wiring harnesses all purdy:

Next I installed the sensors, pyro in the driver side manifold:

Boost in my Banks elbow:

Fuel Pressure in the test port of the fuel filter housing. This actually cracked my housing and it now has JB Weld sealing the leak; GOS has pulled this fitting from their shelves now because of this problem, great service though (Thanks Aden!). I have another housing in the mail. I added a 45 degree fitting to keep the harness away from the upper radiator hose.

Here's the single gauge pod and pyro wiring, more sweet sleeving:

Pyro gauge installed. I liked the non-color-coded gauge, its a bit cleaner looking:

Behind the dash bezel... The right side needed a little Dremel action to make room the the gauge to insert, left side there was plenty of room:

I used a 2" hole saw and drilled from the back with the drill in reverse to make it slower and cleaner:

Finished product. The ISSPRO gauges match great and look almost stock. I am very pleased to say the least.

Big thanks to Aden at GOS Performance for the great deal on the gauges and excellent customer service. Also, thanks to Michael at ISSPRO and CSIPSD (both on The Diesel Garage). Feel free to ask any questions about the gauges or the install!

See less See more
#3 ·
was drilling for that pyro pretty easy? did you shopvac the hole ?

#6 ·
It was pretty easy. Cast turns mostly to dust when its drilled so I went up just two drill sizes at a time and started out very small. When I was done I used a magnet, shop-vac, and a q-tip with grease on it to make sure I got all the big chunks out, but most of it was in my face when drilling (wear safety glasses). Drill bits are designed to remove most of the material out of the hole anyway.

#10 ·
The plugs and wire came in the ISSPRO packaging, I added the mesh sleeving and heatshrink.

great idea, looks good,

just one minor statement, you actually have to take your eyes off the road completely to read the gauges, where as in the pillar pod, you can just glance over, is that an issue??
The fuel pressure gauge is clear with no obstructions, its easy to glance down at. The boost gauge has the very top covered by the shift lever, but its not one I have to look at constantly. Its just there so I can see my cruising boost levels and diagnose any turbo problems I have. If its not a good time to look, I won't look. I'll try to get a pic from the driver's seat posted soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.