SCT w/ Outlook monitor - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

SCT w/ Outlook monitor

Whats up guys,

I own a 04 F250 that has a Triple Dog w/ Outlook

I've read a lot of threads about how much better SCT is compared to Bully Dog. I'm semi convinced that i'm going to get the SCT w/ a custom tune soon. Before i do this though, i have a question that i need answered. i know that the outlook monitor and SCT tuner are compatible. I've even seen a few people on here using this set up, but what i haven't found out is this.....If u use the Outlook with the SCT, will i still have all my menu options, and "on the fly" adjustment capabilities. I mean thats the sole purpose i got the outlook combo in the first place, so i didn't have to turn the truck off everytime i wanted to change my tune. If i cant use the outlook to select which SCT tune i want, i might as well just go with a triple gage pod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Sponsor

Re: SCT w/ Outlook monitor

No you will not be able to control the SCT tunes with the outlook. But most that run the SCT with custom tunes never take it out of the highest setting in till towing. The best fuel economy will be seen on the highest setting, if the driver can keep the right foot from hammering down. But there is no since in getting rid of the outlook, it will monitor more then 3 mechanical gauges.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: SCT w/ Outlook monitor

Thank you,

Thats what i figured. I do have the pillar pod installed and painted to match the dash. I do like how the monitor is small, and it does monitor 4 gauges. I could keep the monitor, but just figure i can get more $$$ if i sell the combo as a whole. However, taking all the wiring and sensors out, just to run new ones again for the triple pillar pod gauges, would probably be more hassle than whats it worth.

To those who have the SCT w/ Outlook.....how do you like your setup? Any issues or something you would have done differently?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode